Author Topic: How hot is your shop right now?  (Read 5040 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: How hot is your shop right now?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 04:39:37 PM »
its not bad where i am... :)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 05:08:02 PM »
sqslabs, what part of Lauderdale? I grew up in North Lauderdale, went to Coconut Creek High, my parents still live down there.

Nice man! I went to Nova.. Moved around a bit but always ended up back here.   8)

My shop is right off I-95 and Broward Blvd, not far from Downtown.

No way! I had friends that went to Nova! I know the area you are talking about. Used to be down there a lot!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014, 05:28:59 PM »
Next we are only gonna produce until about noon. Anything over 95 should be against the law.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 05:30:53 PM »
If you mean Nova college my wife went there. I used to hang at the Davie Ale house and the Falcon Pub too frequently.
I move a little north to Boynton though. It is a little slower here.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 05:35:37 PM »
No way! I had friends that went to Nova! I know the area you are talking about. Used to be down there a lot!

Ha small world man!  I graduated '95...

If you mean Nova college my wife went there. I used to hang at the Davie Ale house and the Falcon Pub too frequently.
I move a little north to Boynton though. It is a little slower here.

Talking about Nova High School but its directly across the street from the college.  Very familiar with seeing the bottom of the mug at the Davie Ale House.   ;D

Boynton is nice man, I don't blame you.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 05:36:23 PM »
My Uncle lives right off Lantana Road. Small world man.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 05:38:43 PM »

Ha small world man!  I graduated '95...

Class of 91 here man. By 95 I had moved to Clearwater, bounced between Clearwater and Tampa till 2006 when we started the business out here in Lakeland. Looking back at it now, it would seem that I was always looking to get away from the cluster lol. Ft. laud has some serious population now for sure.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 06:11:32 PM »
Over 120 today.  When the outside temps get to 90ish we start shutting production down at 3

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 08:53:17 AM »
Summer in Fort Lauderdale here.  All I know is that outside its 90 w/ 62% humidity.  If we had a thermometer in the shop we'd probably faint just from looking at it.

I lived in Sunrise right off of University for a few years. Went to Plantation High as well. Have not been back in twenty years buut i hear it has changed quite a bit since then, especially out towards the glades.
"No man is an island"

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 09:17:24 AM »
Summer in Fort Lauderdale here.  All I know is that outside its 90 w/ 62% humidity.  If we had a thermometer in the shop we'd probably faint just from looking at it.

I lived in Sunrise right off of University for a few years. Went to Plantation High as well. Have not been back in twenty years buut i hear it has changed quite a bit since then, especially out towards the glades.

No kidding??? You know across from Plantation high, a big complex of retail fronted warehouses? Sherwin Williams was on the corner? My dad built all of that. Actually 2002, I was traveling back and forth from Tampa helping remodel the interiors of them, over a year project. Man, small world.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »
Lived in Coconut Creek for a short while doing long term consulting. But then again, I've lived everywhere it seems.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 09:33:24 AM »

No kidding??? You know across from Plantation high, a big complex of retail fronted warehouses? Sherwin Williams was on the corner? My dad built all of that. Actually 2002, I was traveling back and forth from Tampa helping remodel the interiors of them, over a year project. Man, small world.

I remember the Motorola Compound in that area but thats all. My Father was a Mason so we were there for a huge construction project in Weston, it was all recovered glades and Multi Million $$$$ Mansions were being built on it.
"No man is an island"

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 09:50:38 AM »
Nice area, that's where Patfinn is from. He went to St Thomas high down there. Motorola compound is right, place is huuuuuge!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 11:36:39 AM »
When we had the old dryer, it got to 110 inside by lunch time and by 3pm it would read 118 to 120.  There was a summer a few years ago where it got up to at least 115 in the production area for about 110 days over a 4 month period.  Everyone was more than a little moody and we all wanted to kill each other by the end of July.  Unfortunately, it's not a dry heat either, it's hot and humid.  Now, we will get up to about 100-102 with the Sprint dryer not radiating heat all over the place but it still feels hot since we've already lost our acclimation to the 120 degree stuff.  I had to buy little window unit air conditioners for the guys to keep them from dying.  If you spent all 8 hours out there you would lose at least 5 pounds a day in water weight, and since I was a lot bigger then than I am now, there were days I'd lose 7-8 pounds of water. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 11:51:02 AM »
I've thought about doing the a/c thing like you Alan. We tried it a couple years ago when I saw yours in your first youtube vid and some rumhead knocked it off the cart nearly broke my ankle. So that ain't happening! But, I did see at Dirkdiggler's shop a cool idea. He put a/c drops above the work stations to dump cold air on ya when you stand in your station. Pretty nice! I've seen that in a couple dry cleaners before. Might have to hook up the spare split unit we have in the back of the shop and try this. It's really hot and humid again today, took me a few hours last night just to get my core temp normal again.