Author Topic: How does everybody deal with bugs?  (Read 1454 times)

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
How does everybody deal with bugs?
« on: June 21, 2014, 08:37:42 AM »
Last night we were trying to get a job setup and ready to go for this morning... the mosquitos were terrible, and were landing and sticking in the ink.

I'm thinking of getting some of those garage door screens and making screens for all of our doors.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: How does everybody deal with bugs?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 09:47:41 AM »
we see a lot of bugs, being right next to a fairly large pond, no screens. If we set up a job for the next day, we usually put some kind of cover over the screens, flattened boxes, stretch plastic wrap, whatever you can come up with. It doesn't get them all, but most. The rest kind of get caught up in it all if you know what I mean...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 10:59:49 AM »
You might even consider adding an 'up charge'
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:40:29 PM »
How funny we were just talking about this at the shop.  We were running a second shift the past few months & we kept getting bugs smashed in the image & on the shirt. Would fly on the pallet or in between the screen & shirt & get smashed when printing, getting a smashed bug stain out can suck on a white shirt. We talked about getting some bug zappers to hang just outside the door, but ended up just closing the doors & dealing with it.

You could try shining a light on a bucket of soap water. Or skip the bucket & just put a fresh scrape screen under the light, that seems to yield a ton of bugs here if someone forgets to turn off the lights.

Murphy37

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 01:46:42 PM »
We don't have too much of a problem with bugs, but if I'm leaving a manual screen up for a while because of impending reprint, I throw a case bag over it.

Works just throwing a bag over the whole head on the auto too, but that really only comes in handy on long runs stopping over the weekend.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »
We have fly's during plow season (back up to farmland) for about a week, more of a nuisance then anything else seem to go for the dark garments. Nats in July then these little winged PIA for about a week in early September. We keep the door closed for the winged ones, put up with the Nats. I have some large blowers we direct out the doors and its just enough to keep most of the Nats at bay.

The winged ones did the same thing to us as Underbase. Kept getting these weird marks in the image then dawned on me it was the GD winged suckers.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 05:40:44 PM »
We did a swap out deal with a customer of ours who is an aluminum enclosure contractor. He built us complete screened enclosures to box in  our big roll up doors, and put double doors in them. One door is stationary and the other for daily in and out of deliveries. When we have a pallet or something big, the stationary one unlocks and opens. We now can work at night and not have bugs flying in, or during the day we used to have leaves and pine needles like you wouldn't believe blowing in. Here's a pic of one of them on the front side.

Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »
That's nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 08:32:06 PM »
Thanks, he does a great job. We have 2 more doors like that on the side of the building.   1 of them has the same screen entry. After we do out additions, we'll do the third. I put entry buzzers on them so we know if someome goes in or out.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com