Author Topic: Relabeling everything  (Read 1416 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Relabeling everything
« on: June 20, 2014, 08:06:29 AM »
What are people's thoughts about relabeling all the shirts that go out your door with your company logo above the size? I have a contract customer that has us do this. I had thought about this maybe 2 years ago but it seemed like the time involved wouldn't be worth the possible return. Plus I found it a bit tacky, but I'm getting over that part.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Relabeling everything
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:14:10 AM »
we tried that. I went as far as buying another press JUST for our size labels. I have a 6 color manual and each head had a different shirt size screen locked in place, it was awesome...for about a month...then it was a total drag to have to reprint EVERY shirt you just printed with a tag. so what we do now is a round 16pt card stock tag with all our info on it...way faster...unless you buy one of them auto tag printing jammies.

above the current tag? might look kinda goofy....maybe just your web site addy under the tag?

we tried decals too but nothing stuck well enough...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 08:41:08 AM »
I will start soon to get all the band merch  finished with hang tags with our info on it before we ship it.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 08:51:35 AM »
I should of specified, the contact customer only on Alstyle and Tultex so they are tear away tags. I am fine printing his because he pays for it. But I envision 35pc. order spread over 6 sizes. Yay 4 small and 3 medium on the order:P
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 09:32:45 AM »
We use anvil 980's as our house brand. They get relabeled every thing else doesn't get touched.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 09:59:45 AM »
we do this for certain clients, usually on next level 3600s.

i think in the year we've been doing it, we've gotten maybe two clients from it.

it does help get the name out there though
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 10:00:16 AM »
also Alex, this is one of, if not the only thing we use our rapid tag for.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 10:07:52 AM »
I was thinking of a pad printer for just this purpose (more for client shirts than my own). The print is not as vibrant but it would be fine for a tag.
Do any contract printers already offer this service?
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 10:32:42 AM »
also Alex, this is one of, if not the only thing we use our rapid tag for.

Ya, we would use ours too, but like I was saying it would be a pain to set up a screen for 4pcs. of one size. I just can't in my head justify the time involved would have a good enough chance to equal a new customer. Maybe if it was a real cool print or something, but then you are stuck with the when to and when not to decision.

Side note Eric- I just stretched some 135S mesh on out screens for the tag printer, definitely helps out the white print! Also we have a killer way to change screens and be back up and printing in a little over 1min. on that puppy, squeegee stays in the whole time. Think - remove the side holder.... Let me know if you want the details! Or anyone for that manner, I just thought there were like only 4 of us on here that had a RapidTag.
Alex

www.twincitytees.com