Author Topic: Printing on mesh football practice jerseys  (Read 3724 times)

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
Printing on mesh football practice jerseys
« on: August 17, 2011, 02:28:57 AM »
Didn't see this tip over here...so I thought I would post it up.....

Just finished up a ton of black practice jerseys for football..you know the ones with the huge holes for mesh.

My mind says use a lower mesh screen and really put some ink down on the jersey....but the tip is to use a 230 screen and just enough pressure to get the ink to clear.  We P/F/P them and man they look good.  And the holes do not fill in with ink and get all over everything when you take the jersey off.

Anyhow the tip came from the other board and it worked like a charm.  Thought this might be something that may help someone in the future....it sure helped me out.

Jon

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: Printing on mesh football practice jerseys
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:51:24 AM »
Great tip!!
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
Great tip!!

Dave,

Kudos goes out to the poster on the other board......don't remember who it was....but many thanks from us.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 08:32:20 PM »
Just did 70 of the same type of jersey today.. wish I saw this sooner! But thanks for the tip. My boss's other business is sports equipment reconditioning so we paint a lot of helmets and have been getting a ton of jersey business because of it... so this will come in handy.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:05:35 AM by Nation03 »

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 07:55:21 AM »
Thanks guys, this is what the boards are for :)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 08:57:50 AM »
good idea on a long run. We usually run pellons or baking paper under the shirts, and they get a single hit, then pulled off the plate together and onto the dryer belt. But I can see it speeding even more this way. thanks

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 09:29:09 AM »
I use a Inline numbering machine so the higher mesh will not work for me but I do use pellon under the jersey and use a jacket hold down look alike to hold the jersey in place. I am currently on my 5th team of 70+ and am tired of jerseys !! but it is all in it. The jersey we are now printing has small holes so pfp usually fill in all the small holes. Thnks for the tip

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 03:51:14 PM »
We also have the inline press, and right, too heavy for this, but for the designs on the fronts...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline supergabe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 04:18:30 PM »
Another way around to using the pellon and remove it each time you print one jersey which is a pain. is to cut out a piece of misprint
t-shirt preferably 100% cotton. spray the pallet lay it out print about 2 or 3 jerseys depend on the build up on the cloth and flash it
then you`ll be good to print another batch of 2 or 3 jerseys
i would use a 110 mesh on darks and 155 on lights
with these method i used to print up to eight jerseys before changing to another piece of cloth
good printing team mates ;)