Author Topic: Great visit  (Read 969 times)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Great visit
« on: June 17, 2014, 04:01:07 PM »
I had the pleasure of having Greg Kitson stop in today. He was in the area and took time out of his day to visit us. It was nice to reminisce a bit about the past, try to explain some of the methods of our madness (fun to compare) and talk about future endeavors. Although I've known and worked with Greg for quite a while, this was his first visit to our humble facilities. Again, a real treat and pleasure to have him stop by.

Greg, I think we still owe you lunch!

Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
Re: Great visit
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 10:53:39 AM »
I had the pleasure of having Greg Kitson stop in today. He was in the area and took time out of his day to visit us. It was nice to reminisce a bit about the past, try to explain some of the methods of our madness (fun to compare) and talk about future endeavors. Although I've known and worked with Greg for quite a while, this was his first visit to our humble facilities. Again, a real treat and pleasure to have him stop by.

Greg, I think we still owe you lunch!

Dave,

Thanks for the kind words, I enjoy my "little field trips" to visit friends in the industry and see how they get things done!

You and the BR team have a floor you can be proud of.  Everybody busy, work getting done without rush, and an independent staff who were getting their work done without questioning every little thing.  The few interruptions we had while visiting were staff members who really knew the answer, but wanted reassurance their decision was the best of many options.

Your hands on/off management style fits my job description of providing your team with the tools necessary to do their job and then getting out of the way and letting them do it.

Regarding lunch, yep you owe me a meal, but at Mind's Eye in Decatur when you find the time to visit.  I'll remind you every so often.  ;)

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050