Author Topic: Camo pattern  (Read 1714 times)

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
Camo pattern
« on: June 13, 2014, 11:00:38 AM »
I have a client looking for us to imprint a camouflage pattern similar to Realtree or Mossy Oak. They are not wanting the licensed camo as they realize they can't have it, but want something similar that is realistic looking and not "woodland" or "digital" camo.

Anyone have suggestions or know of a place where I can get something like this? I'd really love to impress them as the order is probably going to be around 20K pcs.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Camo pattern
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 11:05:14 AM »
I have a client looking for us to imprint a camouflage pattern similar to Realtree or Mossy Oak. They are not wanting the licensed camo as they realize they can't have it, but want something similar that is realistic looking and not "woodland" or "digital" camo.

Anyone have suggestions or know of a place where I can get something like this? I'd really love to impress them as the order is probably going to be around 20K pcs.
have you tried rothco?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 11:41:11 AM »
He wants the pattern itself, not the garments.
I gather he's looking for an existing file, or perhaps even for someone to create a repeatable pattern.
Tance, are you going to be printing this over the whole garment, or just dropping it into text and/or graphics?

Or did I get confused?

There is stuff like this out there.
http://all-free-download.com/free-vector/vector-pattern/camouflage_pattern_vector_graphics_148145.html
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 11:44:03 AM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 12:08:15 PM »
That's it Andy

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 12:10:11 PM »
Yeah to clarify, I am imposing a camo pattern onto some text, so simply printing in on a front chest area. Printing on a hunter green t-shirt.

The realistic camo is what I'm looking for. Luckily, I've already had a couple of very generous folks contact me with some awesome stuff.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 12:15:32 PM »
On a lighter note, sometimes I envy the clerks and salespeople who probably often have the opportunity to pull a Frog,
and act like they don't see someone (who is wearing camo) ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Grumpy Ole Artist

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 03:03:50 PM »
I get this request all the time...Camo pattern or Zebra stripes in text....Please bear in mind that what camo actually does is to break up a silhouette...what is a letter, if not a shape...Just make sure you don't sacrifice legiblity...Inlines/outlines are your friends! LOL!
Humor is the unexpected juxtaposition of incongruities.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 03:38:39 PM »
I would try some of the commercial sites like Shutterstock, RF123, Canstock etc. Images can be had fairly cheaply, even a nice image of dense foliage, take it into Photoshop and tweak the colors around and save it to put into the text clipping mask. For 20K pieces, it's worth a little time...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't