Author Topic: iPad  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Rocfrog

iPad
« on: January 17, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »
So does anyone on here do any "designing"/artwork on an iPad???

I have always wanted one for this purpose and my wife got me one for Christmas, and while I thought it was going to be super simple and just download Adobe Illustrator and get to work....it is not....

So I'm looking for ideas, suggestions, "how you do it".........etc......  I downloaded Adobe Ideas and have been tinkering with it but it seems to be lacking a lot that I'm use to from Illustrator, no type, no shapes, no straight lines, no ability to "import" files with out using the Adobe Cloud......

Nick

Offline Different

• Verified/Junior
Re: iPad
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 05:51:15 PM »
Yeah,  I have played with Adobe Ideas.  It's fun to doodle and I have seen other artists be proficient with it, but the palette is to small for me.  I prefer Photoshop  with the Wacom to sketch or plain old paper with a little rag like newsprint.   

www.mitchdifferent.com
www.mitchdifferent.blogspot.com
www.DifferentCreative.com
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.   -Shakespeare

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 03:52:58 PM »
I have been tinkering with Adobe Ideas, but while it works I guess I'm just use to the precision of working in Illustrator on the computer. To me the app seems to need a lot more.

Nick

Offline kirkage

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 11:45:09 AM »
Sketch Book Pro looks pretty cool

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 08:00:51 PM »
Just wait..

someone will get the first custy supplied art from this 'cool' little ipad app soon enough
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline sben763

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »
IDraw and ink pad are the 2 best vector apps.  IDraw has some tutorials and videos. I can do simple to medium complexity designs. For high end though the first of the year I bought a Microsoft surface pro that has the Wacom built in. 

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 08:47:25 PM »
Just wait..

someone will get the first custy supplied art from this 'cool' little ipad app soon enough

Been there done that. You even printed some from an ipad when you were up giving me a hand......lol
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 10:56:02 AM »
I haven't played with it much lately but I think I badly need a good stylus as I'm just using one of those "free" ones that have a pen on the other end.

Nick

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 11:16:49 AM »
Since I started on a 9" black and white monitor (no grays even) and was always wanting larger monitors, that doesn't make sense to me, and I've had an iPad for a couple of years. I do however, use music programs with it. But I need a keyboard and mouse (trackball in my case) to work with art, just me I guess...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 03:04:10 PM »
Well my other thought is to see if there is a way to make it (via an app or something similar) into like a Waccom tablet! That would be awesome! I had one design job that the company I worked for required all their signers to work on full screen size Waccom Tablets and I loved it!!

Nick