Author Topic: Remembering our veterans  (Read 865 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Remembering our veterans
« on: May 23, 2014, 09:39:21 AM »
I just wanted to say that many prayers should go to our veterans and the families of the lost.  I think that many take advantage of the freedoms that we all have due to their service.  It really comes to thought with all of the recent VA neglects.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Remembering our veterans
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 02:47:47 PM »
Amen to that. My Marine son has been in Afghanistan for a year now and not scheduled to return until thanksgiving.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 02:57:43 PM »
Take a moment to reflect on our FREEDOM:
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 10:31:49 AM »
My gut never settles when I see how we treat our Vets. I can’t imagine the very country they fought and died for turning a cold heart to these men and women of all ages. The current VA scandal  is just one line in a greater story that rolls back through too many years.

I grew up with the poster of uncle sam promoting enlistment. When the sons and daughters of this great country saw that poster and  heard that call they lined up, signed up and stood up for the job our country put before them, many of them fell, never to stand again. They never knew there was a back side to uncle sam. Today more than ever it bothers me deeply that not only does uncle sam  have a back side but he has fundamentally ,in  my opinion,  pinned a mistletoe to his coat tails .

I am not a vet..........but I live every  day knowing that I get to be FREE here in this great and wonderful country because A VETERAN WAS THERE!

THANK YOU.
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.