Author Topic: Comfort color shirt loading  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Comfort color shirt loading
« on: May 21, 2014, 05:18:30 PM »
Ok,  I am the only one who has ever loaded tshirts at the press.  I've loaded tons of Gildan shirts without an issue unless I became extremely tired and usually just quit at that point or take a break.  Today I had the pleasure of loading Comfort Color Tees and had problems.  I even slowed the index to 18 seconds because there wasn't a lot of them to print. 

It looks like they were sewed a little whoppy jawed "excuse the terminology".  The tshirt weave looked like it was traveling to the left from the collar down.  Anyway to make a long story short I noticed the image was running up hill.  I verified the distance from the pallet to the sleeve on both sides and made sure the collar was centered on the pallet also as the pallet moved I'd look at the side seams to see if they were pretty close to parallel with the pallet.  It was a total of 70 shirts consisting of 35 ea of 2 different designs and ended up with the same result on both sets.  Thank goodness, I noticed them before the customer got there and told them I'd be re-printing them. 

Has anyone ever run into a batch of shirts that may have been sewn a little funky?  I'm baffled! 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline shellyky

Re: Comfort color shirt loading
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 05:29:31 PM »
only problem i've had with them is the horrible lint build up and the smell...but i havent printed any in the last 8 months or so.

Usually on a poorly sewn shirt you can always count on the shoulder seams at least..if you center those with the top of the pallet and pull down equally then in theory your print should be straight on the person wearing it even if it looks weird on the pallet.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 05:32:26 PM »
I appreciate that.  That's the method I'll try tomorrow.  I've never had this problem with Gildans as they are a breeze to load unless you're getting into the 4x and 5x range but I'm sure it's that way with all brands.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 01:42:53 PM »
only problem i've had with them is the horrible lint build up and the smell...but i havent printed any in the last 8 months or so.

Usually on a poorly sewn shirt you can always count on the shoulder seams at least..if you center those with the top of the pallet and pull down equally then in theory your print should be straight on the person wearing it even if it looks weird on the pallet.

I like the smell..

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 06:09:56 PM »
The problem I have with CC is you can't use your spot removal gun on em. Also as a company they completely suck at keeping stock   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 06:17:20 PM »
The problem I have with CC is you can't use your spot removal gun on em.

Comes with the pigment dyed territory. You almost need to factor in a little more for possible spoilage.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 10:26:59 PM »
Or that they bleed worse then any poly I've ever printed. Or... that there's  usually more dye on my hands after printing then on the shirts themselves

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »
I have and do... the Tank Tops are even worse!!! looks crooked as heck when on pallet but if you get the grain straight then its a crooked print. But our customers love them.

Offline Lizard

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »
The problem I have with CC is you can't use your spot removal gun on em. Also as a company they completely suck at keeping stock   

You can shoot out the reactive dye colors, just not the pigment dye.  And the reactive dye also doesn't bleed like the others. Easiest telltale is the size tag isn't dyed like the shirt color. And for small spots screen opener on a rag rubbed lightly will save some shirts from the reject bin.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225