Author Topic: Fun Gig this weekend  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Fun Gig this weekend
« on: August 13, 2011, 11:08:06 PM »
My shop is in an old bank building. The old vault is my wash out and storm shelter (2ft thick concrete walls) ;D  We recently discovered that a metal box attached to the side of the second story encased the old bank alarm. We found an inscription scratched on an old metal relay box dated 11-27-22 with the word "OK" scratched above it. We believe that this was the date it was installed and tested. We got it to work. So...This year is our little towns 75th annual rodeo. We used the ringing of the bell which had not been heard by the public in nearly 90 years to start the annual parade. We did the shirts, art and seps by Dan. ;)

Sound the Alarm
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:10:53 PM by Donnie »

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Fun Gig this weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 11:35:53 PM »
That is something. I would love to have an old building like that. I like history and almost bought an d building here in our old historical section of down town but plans changed.

I wonder if being in OK and a old bank, if you ever found anything to indicate it was held up by the Dalton gang or the like. Sounds corny but you never know. You could dig a bullet out of the wall from a known bank robber.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 11:46:22 PM »
A little late for the Dalton Gang. Perhaps Bonnie and Clyde or Pretty Boy Floyd. The bank opened in 1908 and went down in the crash of 29. There is actually a book written about this building and early Waynoka. It is called "Homer's Place" by Harlan Koch.

http://www.amazon.com/Homers-Place-Harlan-Koch/dp/0971766738/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313293533&sr=8-1

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 10:31:02 PM »
Didn't somebody die there waaay back?
BTW, I'm originally from Tulsa before heading up north.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 11:06:55 PM »
Yep. Harlan's (the author of the book) Dad died of a morphine overdose. He was drunk on night and broke his leg. The local Doc got him hooked on morphine and gave him a little extra jolt one evening. After Homer's death the doc took up with the woman of the house. Naturally Harlan was a little pissed about this.  Homer helps me coat screens some nights. ;)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:50:23 PM by Donnie »