Author Topic: What a Good Time................  (Read 1758 times)

Offline killergraphics

What a Good Time................
« on: May 10, 2014, 05:55:49 PM »
Got to meet Pierre and Dan

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What a Good Time................
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 06:03:31 PM »
Hey Johnny.....Glad to see you out and about again....

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 07:53:50 PM »
...I knew I shoulda stuck around there longer. Had an absolute BLAST meeting so many folks from TSB, and putting names with faces.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 08:00:59 PM »
Richard Greaves came up after the pic, Great to meet so many web friends for the first time.  ;D

Thanks Royce, yep I'm still kickin.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 08:32:51 PM »
Johnny sorry I did not have the time to actually have a nice long conversation, but time was short and Andy Anderson ( my screen printing hero and very hard to reach individual due to his very busy schedule) was there and for the first time in many years Andy was able to talk to us at length. I actually extended my stay by a day just to spend a little bit of time with the man. In the end, thanx to Richard I got a tour of his facility and got to see the motorcycle shop too. While the screen printing place is like many more (magic is in Andy's head not the equipment), motorcycle place was impressive to say the least. I spent good 30 min looking at the details and finish on the green bike and could have stared it for at least another hour. There were several bikes in various stages of fabrication and it was cool to see how much work it goes into producing one of those pieces of art.

For any of those not familiar with Andy's work, he is in my opinion the best printer in the US right now. He regularly takes ALL the medals at the ISS and SGIA competitions in all of the categories he enters. what is less know is that he is a world class motorcycle fabricator/designer and his work is regularly on the cover of the big motorcycle magazines (think Orange County Chopper style bikes). Andy is the second from the left in the picture posted by Johnny.

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 07:54:43 AM »
Johnny, great to see you post, I hope all is well with you.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 12:28:02 PM »
Nice pic guys hope you had a great time, I'm going to try and get to a few shows next year.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 12:51:43 PM »
If I remember right Andy landed a gig airbrushing Kenny Rogers tour bus and that eventually morphed into screenprinting. His separating techniques were at the time and remain today are like no other. He and Mark Coudray are very close.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 01:02:44 PM »
I've always said anyone can slap ink on a T shirt but only the real skilled guys and gals can make them stand out, myself I slap ink on T-shirts, every now and them with a little skill. :P

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 06:09:12 PM »
Pierre, I enjoyed meeting you and Dan, I've known him a hundred years and finally got to met him.

Your right on bout Andy, him and Mark started modern screen printing...I'm so Blessed to call him a friend.

If you have not seen the interview vid I did with him...watch this...The man is walkin history...and such a Good Guy.

and this is My 30th Year as an ink jockey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn2jG9QWqa4

Hi Steve and everybody.  ;D (^^^)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:21:18 PM by killergraphics »