Author Topic: Beds?  (Read 4492 times)

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Beds?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2014, 10:43:45 AM »
Finally Sweets brings to the table what everyone really wants to know.. the real question. How is the ride to pound town

We're a Seally pillow top kinda family and after 2 kids, sick nights, chocolate milk utttohhhhhs! and general 10 years of 'use' its time to get a new one. F that sleepnumber stuff.. worst sleep i ever had and whoever mentioned falling into the hole in the middle.. hated that!

I'm building a frame in the next couple weeks and dumping the box spring and getting a new 15" pillow top to put on the frame. Mattress shopping is like car shopping as the listed prices can have as much as 500% markup. Just like a car, you have to get out there and test drive em and each dealer has a different brand that kind of feels like the last but isn't even close.

Look for manufacture tags as they will tell you about general construction. Manufacturers make the same bed for different brands and call them different names, all they do is change the cover but the tag is federally compliant so read it.

Start with the firm sets and finish with the soft. Find the one that gives you the best support, give yourself 10 minutes lying in your 'go to sleep' position and be sure to bring any special pillows and comfortable clothes.
If you feel pressured in any way, offered today only deals, are handed off to another person to finish the paperwork, hand them a card with your number and walk out immediately. They will call you and offer a good deal as mattress stores are run by managers who can give discounts, furniture stores are not. When they call you, the advantage is in your favor to get even more off. Ask for as much off or add ons as you can get.. in simple. Be that azzhole customer who calls us all the time wanting the world for free. Just like the car, you only buy one every 6-10 years so get a deal!!

I usually hit our guy up for 2nds because I'm a cheap ass

ouch.. 200 bucks for a 3x5.. Uline has some WICKED mats for fractions of the cost.

These are my favorite, have 12 of them around the shop.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:45:47 AM by jsheridan »
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services