Author Topic: china supply F*#k up  (Read 2806 times)

Offline abchung

• !!!
Re: china supply F*#k up
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 11:35:18 AM »
A lot of people who claim they have factories actually don't have factories. They actually are middle people who search out for the cheapest home workshop.
Your first few orders may be from one workshop. As for this order, the middle guy might have outsourced it to a different home workshop.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 11:42:53 AM »
The problem with requiring a soft proof prior to reordering is chances are they will send the exact same proof from the very first order. How do I know this? Well we have 5,000 circular soccer magnets sitting in boxes because we reordered them from a previous order, the proof and order confirmation they sent us were correct yet when the magnets arrived they were incorrect. The magnets were immediately replaced by the company so no harm and we have 5k spacers.

Its not fair to place blame solely on Docherty, he may be slightly responsible for not asking for a proof but even if he did he probably still would have received the incorrect items. His order is small change for these over seas manufacturers, i bet they will replace at no charge but its time that will be an issue and I can feel his pain.

Also they possibly have reorder policies that assures a reorder will be exact that again will absolve any of Docherty's responsibility.

I reorder designs from Transfer Express all the time and recently they sent me a repeat order that was incorrect, they fixed the issue quickly but who's fault is it? They have no real proofing system to work with so you have to go by faith with them and accept that if they goof up they will fix it.

"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 11:43:49 AM »
Mistakes hurt no matter who makes them, we don't take orders over the phone the sizes has to be emailed in or faxed and art proof signed off on, this way we have a customers written paperwork and still problems happen.  So you can proof all you want when a customer thinks they are in the right even with paperwork hitting them in the face they still say it's your fault and you should eat....Good luck on getting china to help ya

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 11:53:05 AM »
Mistakes hurt no matter who makes them, we don't take orders over the phone the sizes has to be emailed in or faxed and art proof signed off on, this way we have a customers written paperwork and still problems happen.  So you can proof all you want when a customer thinks they are in the right even with paperwork hitting them in the face they still say it's your fault and you should eat....Good luck on getting china to help ya

Darryl

China will help I bet. Remember numbers mean nothing to them, they work for pennies and produce products quite fast. The issue will be getting replacements in time, no matter their fault or not it takes time to ship from China. His best bet would be to offer the lady a discount on what he has so they take the items he has and recoup his financial loss from the Company that goofed.
"No man is an island"

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 11:59:39 PM »
because he should TRUST noone especially someone who does not speak the same language.

Quotes like this piss me off. Lack of IQ.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 08:51:30 AM »
umm, sam is right, when there is a language barrier, pictures are worth $3K in caps.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 08:54:48 AM »
umm, sam is right, when there is a language barrier, pictures are worth $3K in caps.

This.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 09:43:18 AM »
I deal with China, Vietnam & Pakistan from time to time.......I do not have any more problems with the language barrier than dealing with suppliers in the US and Canada......

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 11:05:09 AM »
I deal with China, Vietnam & Pakistan from time to time.......I do not have any more problems with the language barrier than dealing with suppliers in the US and Canada......

hahah, that's because most people here don't have a solid grasp of the english language either.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 01:56:36 PM »

hahah, that's because most people here don't have a solid grasp of the english language either.

Hahahahah! Sad but true. You know whad' I sayin'?