Author Topic: Chemical Samples?  (Read 1443 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Chemical Samples?
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:22:21 AM »
This might be a bad thing to ask and hopefully you guys that send out samples might jump in here and put me straight, but I gotten samples of products in qts and it worked great.  I've bought the gals products only to not like it after a few full runs, so are these samples jacked up better than the stuff they sell in the market place?  now I've gotten some samples that I didn't like from the start or is it just me and what I think works best for my shop.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Re: Chemical Samples?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 01:01:15 PM »
I get the feeling that has happened to me.  Not sure if it's 'hot' samples, or shelf life on the gallons? 

Not easy to find out in our position...

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 01:33:10 PM »
I would venture to guess IF it happens it is rare. Think about it with chemicals, ink, anything that is highly re purchased it would not help a company to tweak their samples.  They don't want you to just switch a product and buy 1 gallon, they want you to switch and buy hundreds of gallons over the years.....

I have been at one of our distributors in back looking at a used piece of equipment for sale, we got on the topic of emulsions and he walked with me over to the shelf in the warehouse and just grabbed the product off the shelf and said "here try it".  Now, they could of gotten the best of me and maybe they have a special "sample aisle" to bring customers down, but I doubt it!  ;D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 03:16:36 PM »
I also doubt they formulate and produce anything in sample sized amounts.  I would imagine they produce batches that are hundreds or thousands of gallons at a time depending on the product.  It would cost a lot from a production standpoint to have different mixes, and like Alex said, it makes poor business sense when it comes to marketing and reputation as well.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 04:04:34 PM »
Definitely doubt it. When i worked for a supplier long ago we sold CCI and we were furbished with empty containers for sampling. CCI trusted us to put in the pre-labeled containers exactly what the label said. It was just a lot easier breaking down five gallon buckets our selves versus getting samples directly from CCI.
"No man is an island"