Author Topic: Biz Group is ON!!!  (Read 2360 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Biz Group is ON!!!
« on: April 12, 2014, 11:31:20 AM »
We are very happy to announce that the SPBizGroup.com is up and running and the space for the first event has been booked!
We have sent out the press releases, some of which have already been posted and can be found here:

http://impressions.issshows.com/screen-printing-news/Screen-Print-Busines-7600.shtml
http://screenweb.com/content/screen-print-biz-group-hold-inaugural-meeting-nashville#.U0lT5bRp--c

As many of you know, the work on this started a couple of months ago and we are very pleased with the responses and commitment already achieved. The group will be limited to 20 members so there are few spots still open, but once they fill up only way in will be through somebody else resigning. If everything works out, with the value provided, likelihood of anybody leaving will be very slim. So sign up while you still can!

For the Nashville event/workshop, cost is $100 per company and two members will be allowed to attend the inaugural event.

First meeting itinerary:
10:00-10:30 AM - Welcome with quick member intro
10:30-12:30 Chart of Accounts presentation and Benchmarking Metrics By Mark and Greg
12:30-1:30 Working/Networking lunch (Cold cuts provided. Staying in the conference room to talk shop!)
1:30-4:00 Chart of Accounts Implementation Help and Instructions
4:00-5:00 Future event planning and discussion
5:30 Dinner with more networking

Even will be taking place at the Holiday Inn Express by the Nashville airport:
1111 Airport Center Dr.
Nashville, TN 37214

We have negotiated a group room rate at $90/night which is even lower than the discount web sites. Many of us will be staying there.

Feel free to email questions@spbizgroup.com or post any questions here.

thanx,

pierre

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
Re: Biz Group is ON!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 06:39:08 PM »
We are very happy to announce that the SPBizGroup.com is up and running and the space for the first event has been booked!
We have sent out the press releases, some of which have already been posted and can be found here:

http://impressions.issshows.com/screen-printing-news/Screen-Print-Busines-7600.shtml
http://screenweb.com/content/screen-print-biz-group-hold-inaugural-meeting-nashville#.U0lT5bRp--c

As many of you know, the work on this started a couple of months ago and we are very pleased with the responses and commitment already achieved. The group will be limited to 20 members so there are few spots still open, but once they fill up only way in will be through somebody else resigning. If everything works out, with the value provided, likelihood of anybody leaving will be very slim. So sign up while you still can!

For the Nashville event/workshop, cost is $100 per company and two members will be allowed to attend the inaugural event.

First meeting itinerary:
10:00-10:30 AM - Welcome with quick member intro
10:30-12:30 Chart of Accounts presentation and Benchmarking Metrics By Mark and Greg
12:30-1:30 Working/Networking lunch (Cold cuts provided. Staying in the conference room to talk shop!)
1:30-4:00 Chart of Accounts Implementation Help and Instructions
4:00-5:00 Future event planning and discussion
5:30 Dinner with more networking

Even will be taking place at the Holiday Inn Express by the Nashville airport:
1111 Airport Center Dr.
Nashville, TN 37214

We have negotiated a group room rate at $90/night which is even lower than the discount web sites. Many of us will be staying there.

Feel free to email questions@spbizgroup.com or post any questions here.

thanx,

pierre

You must call the Holiday Inn Express  at the number below to get the preferred room rates for the Bz Group Inagural event.

If guests need reservations I can extend a $90 rate.  They need to callat #615-883-1366 ext 7154.  I’m here Mon-Fri 8-4:30.

Dorene Lee
Sales Admin.
Holiday Inn Express
1111 Airport Center Dr.
Nashville, TN 37214
Ph 615-883-1366 ext 7154
Fax 615-889-6867

Best to all and Thanks for the interest!

~Greg Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 08:41:45 AM »
Who all is coming?
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 08:59:24 AM »
Who all is coming?

confirmed members here you might know:
gkitson
flying colors
blue moon
trebor
middletown ink
TCT

there are several still not committed and some that are not on the forum.
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 09:04:38 AM »
Trying to decide if I can attend.  I will be coming to the show for sure, but I can't really be gone 2 days.  So I may have to skip this, or part of it.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 11:25:13 AM »
I really wanted to be there, but I wont get to town until Friday...oh well.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 11:55:39 AM »
I can't attend. But I am waaaaay interested in the anticipated regular web meetings following the kick off. Did I understand this correctly?

(I actually emailed your company a few weeks ago regarding this.)

Thanks!
Stan

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 01:55:18 PM »
I can't attend. But I am waaaaay interested in the anticipated regular web meetings following the kick off. Did I understand this correctly?

(I actually emailed your company a few weeks ago regarding this.)

Thanks!
Stan

Hey Stan,

there are no plans for web meetings between the quarterly in person events, sorry. Weekly and bi-weekly progress reports will be done on line without the real time feedback. Submitted reports will be compiled and posted (or emailed, not sure yet) when they are processed.

Forum (on the spbizgroup.com site) will be primary means of communication to get assistance, offer solutions or anything else that needs to be discussed. it's where we are expecting communications between the members to help with implementation of the topics covered in the meetings.

The primary goal for the meetings is to learn about the best way of accomplishing something and then going home with a detailed recipe on how to put it in place. Obviously, there will be networking, sharing ideas and peer pressure to stay on track (think of it as a quarterly reporting on your progress to somebody who does not have to sugarcoat it when you do something stupid!). We already have an offer to work with the whole group for $40K to implement a system he charges $20K per customer (so you would be paying $2k instead of $20K to get the system in place)!!! This is just the tip of the iceberg of what can be done with a serious group like this. Anybody interested in more info can reach out to me directly.

pierre

p.s. no shop is too small for this. I am hearing ppl thinking they should have more ppl to be a god fit which is not true. Anybody looking for help and guidance with the business matters would benefit greatly no matter the size.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 07:23:10 PM »
I'm slightly confused on what system is being implemented for the 40k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 07:38:15 PM »
From what I understand, it's not (being implemented) as of yet, but rather an offer. The reg price per single business would be 40k but (as a group), all of the members can sue it...and worked out to the 2k (as far as i understood). as to what exactly it is, I only vaguely remember some parts of the conversations on it, so I don't want to miss guide anyone.

A business/marketing package of sorts I imagine.
D

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 09:39:51 PM »
Hey from the list of names in the group, looks like we could also call it the "North of the Mason-Dixon Line Business Group" :P
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Flying Colors

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 08:25:55 PM »
For those who are interested in joining the group but cannot make it on Thursday, we will have a Friday Q/A session. We will meet at the yellow room in the M&R Booth at 11:00.

Call my cell with any questions.

Mark
734-546-2581