Author Topic: M&R I Image STE - Installed  (Read 23996 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: M&R I Image STE - Installed
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2014, 02:12:21 PM »
So here's a quick little video of that 11 color job that I was talking about....... Also attached is the photo of shirt on the pallet, perfect registration first try..... Still haven't touched a micro here since last thursday  :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HjVM5uo4bg&feature=youtu.be

I hope you also stub your toe and it bleeds for at least 10 minutes.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2014, 02:26:12 PM »
I still don't buy it...where are the wood frames and eye registration?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2014, 02:36:57 PM »
This is an excellent testimony to all the progress in pre-press made by M&R. Nothing like seeing something like that in an actual production setting. Impressive Danny.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2014, 02:45:28 PM »
I still don't buy it...where are the wood frames and eye registration?

What are you trying to imply? Did people used to say wood frames and eye registration is better than systems? If so please link to these comments.
"No man is an island"

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2014, 02:47:05 PM »
that was awesome

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »
yeah Mike...the people saying they can register a job just as fast by eye....or Sonny saying that people print just as good with wood screens...

the stories I hear still today about press operators not wanting to use Tri-loc because they can do it faster by eye..yeah right...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2014, 02:57:59 PM »
yeah Mike...the people saying they can register a job just as fast by eye....or Sonny saying that people print just as good with wood screens...

the stories I hear still today about press operators not wanting to use Tri-loc because they can do it faster by eye..yeah right...

To be fair some people are quite fast with registering by eye. I know I have said many times i can register by eye pretty fast, certainly not as fast as using the Tri-loc and I never implied otherwise. On the flip side we now spend more time in the exposure room pre-registering the films versus using rulers to lay out the films pre-tri-loc days.

As for printing with wood screens come on surely you seen people that have produced amazing prints with wood. A roller frame is only one part of the whole process not having a roller frame is not a prerequisite for making amazing prints.

"No man is an island"

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2014, 03:22:57 PM »
or Sonny saying that people print just as good with wood screens.
I said I could print as good a print with wood screens as anyone could print with any other frame.  The reason is as Mike says.  A roller frame is one part of the process.  I KNOW how to print.  I learned with wooden frames, no tension, white ink so thick that it had to be turned on a turnabout for an hour before it would even try to lay down correct.  If you know what happens at all parts of the process then it doesn't matter what equipment, screens or such that you have.  The same is true in reverse.  Also said I could replicate any print on a Precision oval that is produced on any current press.  I asked what happened when print issues popped up so that I could repair the issue in the quickest time.  I don't profess to know all the parameters that could go wrong but I damn well know most of them.  There off my soap box.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2014, 03:38:10 PM »
Not to derail a fabulous post but while visiting this shop all they had was wood and aluminium. And did this. Note the DC/UB peaking out at the top ;)
Like red hair WB don't care

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2014, 03:52:29 PM »
Attachment wld help. Sometimes you have to work with what you have available at hand

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2014, 05:40:01 PM »
To give you guys an idea of what kind of a brilliant mind I have working for me:  We've set up hundreds of jobs with our registration system without touching a micro and in far less time than registering by eye yet if I didn't make my printer use the triloc, he wouldn't touch it because he thinks he's faster and more accurate.  I even made him set up a 7 color job by eye then I broke it all down and did it in front of him in half the time it took him yet he wouldn't use it if I didn't force him to.  He's fast manually setting up but still twice as long as using the triloc on anything more than 3 colors.  And he rarely doesn't have to micro a color or two or do 2-3 test prints to get the job registered.  If that doesn't convince someone then nothing will and it's useless to try.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »
hahahahahahahahah, sometimes stubbornness makes one miss the bus  :o
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2014, 06:00:32 PM »
You're too kind calling it stubbornness.  It's ok, problem is almost gone, 1 more strike to go.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2014, 06:46:22 PM »
Might be a stupid question but what emulsion is being used with CTS. I see several mfg offer a CTS emulsion, how is it diffrent then a std off the shelf emulsion if any?

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2014, 06:52:25 PM »
You're too kind calling it stubbornness.  It's ok, problem is almost gone, 1 more strike to go.

Alan buddy, I didn't mean you being stubborn if that's what ya thought. I meant the guys that would rather go nuts with regi marks and no system. Been there done that, would never go back  ;D

"Might be a stupid question but what emulsion is being used with CTS. I see several mfg offer a CTS emulsion, how is it diffrent then a std off the shelf emulsion if any?"

Brian, we use Chromablue emulsion for out plastisol screens with our I-Image, and CCI HXT blue for our waterbased/discharge screens with our I-Image. There are some emulsions out there that don't accept the InkJet ink from the Inkjet CTS systems, we narrowed these two down to be the best for us. Now from what I was just told, all of the emulsion companies out there are re-engineering and extensively testing their products to be all in one type emulsions, super fast exposures, great interaction with inkjet CTS, and holding up to discharge and plastisol printing. Can't wait to see what's in store.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com