Author Topic: People not paying attention when throwing shirts on the belt"""!!!  (Read 6505 times)

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: People not paying attention when throwing shirts on the belt"""!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 02:30:36 PM »
I'll look at it again but I'm not getting near 1700/hr but more like 1350.
the press was producing 1,270 per hr when we were there.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Underbase37

Not to defend their bad unloading practices but, they also were flashing the red shirts before unloading them & putting them on the dryer when that happened, not cured but also not wet as to not get on the other shirt, and with that dryer should have no problem getting full cure. Still bad practice though.

Murphy37

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 04:13:23 PM »
Alan how do you know they weren't adding the two presses together? 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 07:18:42 PM »

Do you think he meant the two presses combined?  I've seen what 1900/hr looks like when watching the world record in Ft. Worth and that isn't even close.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 07:38:27 PM »

Do you think he meant the two presses combined?  I've seen what 1900/hr looks like when watching the world record in Ft. Worth and that isn't even close.
where did the 1,700 number come from?
Rich Hoffman

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »

I have no idea if that's what they ment or not in the video.  Which is why i didn't assume one way or another.  I simply am point out that maybe it's the two presses combined.... 

I know what fast looks like remember we have a press that will run over 200dz a hour.   

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 10:27:19 PM »

where did the 1,700 number come from?

Description on the video said 1700. 

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 12:33:35 PM »

I have no idea if that's what they ment or not in the video.  Which is why i didn't assume one way or another.  I simply am point out that maybe it's the two presses combined.... 

I know what fast looks like remember we have a press that will run over 200dz a hour.   

That's terrific, I had forgotten that you would know exactly what fast is.  We can't even print at half that speed.  Our press will only run at 84dz a hour.  I'm almost ashamed of it actually.  It really is embarrassing. 

I'll be sure and ask for your opinion next time I have an assumption and we all know you'll feel free to patronize those of us that you want.  I only take seriously those who would actually do it if I were in the same room.  But do it to your heart's content if it makes you feel good.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 01:11:47 PM »

That's terrific, I had forgotten that you would know exactly what fast is.  We can't even print at half that speed.  Our press will only run at 84dz a hour.  I'm almost ashamed of it actually.  It really is embarrassing. 

LOL, ya because I suggested we run our press that fast or that mattered who's was faster.  I didn't.  I suggested just like you that you have seen what fast looks like. That's all.

I'll be sure and ask for your opinion next time I have an assumption and we all know you'll feel free to patronize those of us that you want.  I only take seriously those who would actually do it if I were in the same room.  But do it to your heart's content if it makes you feel good.

Wow this really went far from just a simple question.  If you assumed the poster was talking about 1 press, then you have proven them wrong!  No debate about it.  I asked you a very simple question. Sorry if I found it silly to assume what the person posting the video meant since clearly the were videoing more than one press in the video.  To me that could easily mean they were adding them together.  Have you done the addition to see if that was 1700pcs a hour? 

As far as doing anything different here as I would if someone were in the same room?  I mean seriously let's think about this.  You and I watch this youtube video together in the same room.  You note the press first in the video isn't running 1700pcs per hour, I agree because its not.  I ask you do you think they were counting both presses?  If I have this right you think I wouldn't say that to you in person? 

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 02:15:22 PM »
This is a bizarre scenario no matter how you slice it:

Option 1: 1,700 prints per hour on one press is what they meant.  Apparently Alan says that is duplicitous and is verifiably incorrect.

Option 2: 1,700 prints per hour counting the out put of both presses combined.  If Alan's figures are correct, one is doing 1,200 piece per hour translating to the other challenger iii doing 500 pieces per hour.  Umm, someone help me why you'd pay for a ch iii to do 500 pieces per hour? 

Either way -- it's good to see you don't need Gilligan around to see a fun jousting match -- speaking of which....where is Kevin?

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »
Either way -- it's good to see you don't need Gilligan around to see a fun jousting match -- speaking of which....where is Kevin?

You know how that song goes, if you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with. 

This is starting to sound like a 'my press can beat up your press' thread... 
That being said, my press probably can't beat up your press, so I'll get out of here now.  ;)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 03:59:54 PM »

You know how that song goes, if you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with. 

This is starting to sound like a 'my press can beat up your press' thread... 
That being said, my press probably can't beat up your press, so I'll get out of here now.  ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAA ;D
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 05:12:23 PM »
..what bugs me here, is what sounds like a full-time crew operating the SPOT GUNS   >:(  . Did no one else notice that?

I heard that too, but thought it might be another noise in the background. That's a lot of cleaning fluid...

Steve

I just did some sample timing, and it looks like 1300+ on the red shirts, and about 840 on the black. I've seen the world record video as well, and these folks are not moving that fast. Still, if you have the runs of that size, there is money being made there.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:24:59 PM by Sbrem »
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 06:09:30 PM »
Who gives a rats azz how they are printing, I'm not making one dime from it....I'd be lucky to print that many shirts a month now days...all they are doing is working the hell out people, all of you that run an auto not own one and talk about it know it ain't no easy task to stand there  all day loading and unloading shirts.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 06:32:53 PM »
Ok Ok Ok guys, I didn't mean to start a big hulabaloo here with this thread. I was just checking out the machines when I noticed the shirts stacking on each other. Now we know, if you have a big Sprint dryer and you at least flashed before yanking the shirts, the heat in that Sprint will cure the ink. Better yet, we learned a feature to use on the machines. I can probably use that same feature on my DB just never thought or knew we could do that, makes sense. Look, we got Darryl all riled up, can't be doin that man, D's too cool of a guy to be getting ticked off on a forum now.  ;) ;D
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com