Author Topic: When planing goes wrong......  (Read 633 times)

Offline Underbase37

When planing goes wrong......
« on: April 27, 2014, 03:24:21 AM »
So I just need to vent a little. So here it goes, in the hustle and bustle of getting busy I have a pretty locked down schedule, so the more miss-haps the bigger it effects the shop dynamic & slows things down.

It all starts with what was originally checked in wrong & when it gets to the shop is discovered to have missing shirts, while all 6 screens where locked in place only one had ink in it so not that big of a deal, but now it has to be re-setup & pushed to the next day  which is already set full. Next up & I normally never do this, but I have job that needs a strike-off  before running & after a talk with the office & a vague conformation that I can get an approval first thing in morning I stay late & get the jobs set up on the presses for the next morning, the front on one press & the back on another, I also set up a job on the small press as well too. All set to have a great day tomorrow.....well maybe.

So the next morning starts with one of the screens ripping on the small press first thing :( OK so reburn it & move on, while this is going on we're still waiting on hearing back from the customer for the strike-off approval ( big surprise as its now Friday & people take three day weekends ) on the now sitting two presses, we start throwing up what we can around the setup jobs, one being the 6 color job from the day before now being revolvered around three time to get the proper flashing. We get through some jobs but not near as much as if I just did the strike-offs & moved on ( this is what I would normally do ).

But all this can't happen right now because if we don't hit a certain amount of prints in a day/week we are just working harder to stay above water & not drowned, & I want to be in a speed boat sitting on top of the water having a good time with the great people I work with. We in the shop always strive to get the job done early, not just on-time, this can be harder to do sometimes because of all the different variables in this job but that's what we always work towards.

Just had to get this off my chest & thought some of you might understand where I was coming from. OK I'm going to stop thinking about work for the next 24 hours.........well maybe like 12:)

Murphy37
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 04:35:25 AM by Underbase37 »