Author Topic: I'm Bumfuzzled  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
I'm Bumfuzzled
« on: April 09, 2014, 06:32:10 PM »
I was running out films today for a sim process job.  I always run out an extra film to tape to my FPU.  I tape it down on all 4 corners and use it to line the rest of the films to.   The first time today I used illustrators reg marks and if I could line up 2 of the marks the other 2 were off approximately 1/16 of an inch out of whack.  So I decided to make my own marks in illustrator and run the films again.  The 1st couple fo the 8 films were spot on but the other 6 I couldn't make match up perfectly. 

I have an epson 7700 roll fed printer and I'm using fixxons waterproof film.  I'm wondering if it's humidity  causing them to contract or expand to some extent or if the printer is feeding them a little funky.  Has anyone else stumbled across this?  If so what did you do to solve this?  I know somebodies going to come back with buy a dts.  Although I'd love to have one, it's just not in the budget yet.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline sben763

• Verified/Junior
Re: I'm Bumfuzzled
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 06:43:11 PM »
With rolls this is common. To fix the issue unroll the film and lightly roll back up.  Not sure if the 7700 will allow you to unroll and leave unrolled hanging like I could with 4800 after removing the plastic guard from the roll feeder

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: I'm Bumfuzzled
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »
With rolls this is common. To fix the issue unroll the film and lightly roll back up.  Not sure if the 7700 will allow you to unroll and leave unrolled hanging like I could with 4800 after removing the plastic guard from the roll feeder

That fixed it.   Thanks!   The only problem with the 7700 is that before it prints it re-tightens the roll.  I guess I'll have to wait until it starts printing and unroll a little at a time babysitting it while it's printing.
It's not a job if you love doing it.