Author Topic: Corel placement. Left chest.  (Read 3731 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Corel placement. Left chest.
« on: March 28, 2014, 10:37:46 AM »
Illustrator has an (align to art board) option that forces the art to be placed and printed to film (as you see it).  When ripped, without this, it would place the art to a default location like center top.

What is the equivalent in Corel?

Thanks all!
Dan
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Re: Corel placement. Left chest.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 11:34:12 AM »
Dan not sure what you mean. If your ripping the rip determine all that. If doing CTS thats a hole different ball game.
I think.

Shane

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »
In Corel page setup, I need to be able to save the file with an option to recognize the position of the art.

The RIP has a default setting of top center. So if I do not lock in a position in Corel, such as Illustrator has (align to board) it defaults to top center but I need a left chest.  Savvy?  The rip has to do what I tell it. If I don't tell it anything, it puts it at default.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline kirkage

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
could you make and unfilled unstroked object the size of the page to keep the position?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 01:18:19 PM »
In Corel page setup, I need to be able to save the file with an option to recognize the position of the art.

The RIP has a default setting of top center. So if I do not lock in a position in Corel, such as Illustrator has (align to board) it defaults to top center but I need a left chest.  Savvy?  The rip has to do what I tell it. If I don't tell it anything, it puts it at default.

Then you need to uncheck something in the RIP that automatically places art top center. Normally this option is off so why it is on for you I dunno. Its not a corel setting but a RIP setting.

BTW what RIP? That will definitely help if another here has the same RIP
"No man is an island"

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 04:44:33 PM »
The unfilled stroke has been done and is a work around.  That does work.

Ink man, The thing is, in our rip, is more of an automated process. Everything needs to fall automatically in the same position (within the print are) guidelines. So disengaging the Rips automated positioning is not a smooth operation. That would be a work around when there had to be a way to tell the Corel to (stay within tese confines. Not doing so. might be more analogous to registering films up by manually with registration marks by eye.  We are wanting to have it print in Corel like it does in illustrator. (Same art department) uses both programs to print seps. Illy, no prob.  Corel plops it at top and center.

This is a RIP for the STE.  I will check with some of our Customers known to be using Corel with this.

Thanks
Dan

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 10:39:52 PM »

What is the equivalent in Corel?

Have your page size match your media size in "Layout>Page Setup".

Open "File>Print Preview" and click on the drop box "As in document" and you can select where the image will print on the page. (top center, bottom center, etc)

You can also use the "marks placement tool" to custom set up regi marks, etc.

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 10:43:52 PM »
The other way is to set up a custom page width (matching you printer media etc) and place a "master" vertical and horizontal guide at your left chest position on the page. Save this file as a template and snap the art to the guide before printing.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 11:45:05 PM »
Thanks so much john!  That sounds like a great start. I'll try to let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks again and thank you to the orhers that chimed in to assist.
Dan

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »
Thanks so much john!  That sounds like a great start. I'll try to let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks again and thank you to the orhers that chimed in to assist.
Dan
Call me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com