Author Topic: Adobe  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Adobe
« on: March 26, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »
Hi gang,
Need to know the best way to learn Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.  How long should it take.  I have a little sep knowledge on illy.
Thanks
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline starchild

Re: Adobe
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 04:36:46 PM »
Hi gang,
Need to know the best way to learn Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.  How long should it take.  I have a little sep knowledge on illy.
Thanks

Get a subscription to lynda.com there are a multitude of trainers but it's best to follow one and adapt their philosophy..

I recommend Deke McClelland training technics (He doesn't win Adobe's best trainer award yearly by mistake).

His videos are produced in series from fundamentals to mastery..

You should not take any time learning the programs.. Start with the fundamentals so that you can navigate around the programs and understand what each tool does, comfotably, but then jump from chapter to chapter in any of the series, only when you want to accomplish something in particular.. Sought of like reference material for the task at hand..

You can literally do master stuff today.. I dare you to not be able to do this-

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 06:50:41 PM »

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 07:01:32 PM »
I have that set, and the knowledge I learned from it was well worth the price... I skipped around a lot, learning different parts... I should go back and rewatch the sections, I'm sure I'll pick up even more.

Pay careful attention to the keyboard shortcuts he mentions... it'll save you TONS of time later.

Ross is a great guy too...

highly recommended.

Offline Boldline

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 07:15:09 PM »
I also found Lynda.com to be helpful. Another good source is actually Youtube! I watch videos on there while I work and try to pick up info and ideas that I'd never tried before. You get a little more control over having questions answered by punching it into youtube!
Mat Woodworth
Bold Line Design
www.boldlinedesign.com
twitter: @boldlinedesign
facebook: www.facebook.com/boldlinedesignllc

Offline Joe P Racefan

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 04:40:03 PM »
It will take the rest of your life, if you care about your craft.