Author Topic: Viking Drinking Horns  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Viking Drinking Horns
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:18:33 PM »
Have to get some printed for a band touring in June. Can anyone hook me up with a good source for them and where to get them printed.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: Viking Drinking Horns
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 10:59:45 AM »
Hahaha, this is awesome. They must be from Norway or Sweden. And Viking or Black Metal. Who is it for?!? So awesome. If you can't post publicly I understand

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 08:07:08 PM »
Hahaha, this is awesome. They must be from Norway or Sweden. And Viking or Black Metal. Who is it for?!? So awesome. If you can't post publicly I understand
That`s what I thought until I Googled them. Eluveitie, from Switzerland, I really have to find out how they connect to Viking drinking horns. they get the whole lot, tees, towels, sweat bands, and viking drinking horns if I can ever manage to get some.
New week we have shirts for Fleshgod Apocalypse, maybe you know those guys too? Italian band.

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 09:46:10 AM »
Hellhammer was from Switzerland and is considered one of the pioneers of the genre of thrash/black/death metal even though these genres are generally associated with the nordic countries, so it all kind of get's mixed together I guess. They takes themselves far too seriously to almost comical lengths. Like, I was watching a documentary about this style of music and it was like the main dude from Hellhammer, now Celtic Frost, was trying to turn every memory into a saga during the interview.

I would have guessed it was a crazy Japanese band, that's were you are isn't it Rockers? Are you doing their merch because they are going to tour Japan or just from reputation?

As to the original question, I am pretty sure that drinking horns have never been mass produced.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:19:13 PM by Inkworks »
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 12:12:08 PM »
Yup, good old Hellhammer. Turned into Celtic Frost. Little side note here for anyone reading this is that the artist responsible for a lot of the imagery surrounding these bands is H.R. Giger. He did the effects / monster on a little movie called Alien. Regarding the serious thing yeah, that can happen with the arts, but then again it can happen with anything in this world. If you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at?

But man, Viking Drinking Horns! I want to get some made for our shop hahaha

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 12:16:21 PM »
Thanks for the link Inkworks!

Das Horn it is hahaha so awesome

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 12:20:38 PM »
I have a toy/novelty company catalog at work that may have something too, I know they have Viking helmets. I'll check Monday. They are true wholesale.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 02:01:03 PM »
Yup, good old Hellhammer. Turned into Celtic Frost. Little side note here for anyone reading this is that the artist responsible for a lot of the imagery surrounding these bands is H.R. Giger. He did the effects / monster on a little movie called Alien. Regarding the serious thing yeah, that can happen with the arts, but then again it can happen with anything in this world. If you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at?

But man, Viking Drinking Horns! I want to get some made for our shop hahaha

Giger did Emerson, Lake and Palmer's Brain Salad Surgery cover, mid to late '70's. He's been around a while now...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't