Author Topic: Your go to emulsion for halftone work  (Read 9086 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Your go to emulsion for halftone work
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 05:16:51 PM »
You are not alone.  This is something that has bothered me for a while but because I'm embarrased by my lack of knowledge in the graphic design/output part of screen printing I rarely ever talk about it so others won't know I'm an idiot.  I prefer for people to only think I'm an idiot and never really know for sure.

Haha, rather remain silent than remove all doubt!

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 08:15:39 AM »
  Back to emulsion, I have used Ulano RLX for years. With my Douthitt exposure unit,
if you can put it on film, I can put it on a screen. I have held 2% before and I have also
done runs of up to 30,000 solvent ink (lacquer) without a pinhole. I have also run 4CP
twice a year (3,000 per run) and have the same screens I made 6 years ago.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2014, 04:53:13 PM »
You are not alone.  This is something that has bothered me for a while but because I'm embarrased by my lack of knowledge in the graphic design/output part of screen printing I rarely ever talk about it so others won't know I'm an idiot.  I prefer for people to only think I'm an idiot and never really know for sure.

Haha, rather remain silent than remove all doubt!
Sound reasoning.  ;)

For some reason I was thinking there was a 'draw' mode for the calibration curve and tighter numbers on the low end, but it's 0%, 5%, 10%, and you can only connect them with straight lines in FM.   Sorry if I got your hopes up. 

Luckily, PS has no such problem in it's curves, and I really don't do any sepping in anything else anymore...

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2014, 03:44:14 PM »
Photocure PRO is an excellent choice for a dual cure emulsion for halftone work.

One Pot Sol C and Photocure SR for a pure photopolymer.

SP-300 or SP-1400 for a diazo emulsion.

Rocker; in Japan see if my bros have Advance 20.  Another excellent Dual Cure that exceeds PRO in terms of resolution, available here in the States as well.

Even though I work here, I printed with this emulsion since it was first introduced in the states over 20 years ago and I promote it since it is the best emulsion you can buy at pricing that is often less than the competition. 

The ink gasket this emulsion forms controls dot gain.  Viewed under a microscope the difference in the vertical sidewall and print edge is beyond compare.
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2014, 05:40:33 PM »
What do you guys think about the Saati pv and phu emulsion ?
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline mraph

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2014, 06:06:52 PM »
ULano QLT or Ulano Orange  great products for Halftone
if you are using water base or discharge QLT with Sensitizer is unbeatable
Alan Howe
Saati Chem a Division of Saati America
AHowe@Saati.com

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »

One Pot Sol C and Photocure SR for a pure photopolymer.

SP-300 or SP-1400 for a diazo emulsion.

Rocker; in Japan see if my bros have Advance 20.  Another excellent Dual Cure that exceeds PRO in terms of resolution, available here in the States as well.

Even though I work here, I printed with this emulsion since it was first introduced in the states over 20 years ago and I promote it since it is the best emulsion you can buy at pricing that is often less than the competition. 

The ink gasket this emulsion forms controls dot gain.  Viewed under a microscope the difference in the vertical sidewall and print edge is beyond compare.
You mean this product ?
Should be easy to get.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:16:21 AM by Rockers »

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 05:06:41 PM »
Yes, Advance 20  is a great dual cure for halftones.  We are testing in the states right now.

Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com