Author Topic: how much to vectorize this one color jpeg?  (Read 4034 times)

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

how much to vectorize this one color jpeg?
« on: March 19, 2014, 11:49:35 AM »
i have a contract job for 24 shirts (black shirts front and back..white ink)....some female artist who apparently is a stripper? I have no idea...but the attached jepg is going on the front of the shirts...I need it vectorized and I did try the tracing program in coreldraw x5 and after numerous tries I just cant get the face detailed enough...the lips and chin blend in and it makes her profile look flat....and the nose hooks in the tracing process...makes the profile of face look horrible. Plus the jpeg is so small its hard to work with..Anyway..if someone can vectorize this i will gladly pay you for it...i'm not looking make money off you..i will just pass your art fee off to the customer...my paypal email is mherring27@cox.net ...invoice me thru paypal and i will pay once I receive a vectorized image that is approved by the contract customer.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 12:18:54 PM by Mark @ Hurricane Printing »
Mark

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: how much to vectorize this one color jpeg?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 11:54:30 AM »
Mark,

see if Jason is available. You can reach him through the forum. He is quick, accurate and affordable with projects like this.

I know there are many more on the forum that can do this for you, but I have not used them so can't comment on the pricing and timing.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 11:59:27 AM »
Mark,

see if Jason is available. You can reach him through the forum. He is quick, accurate and affordable with projects like this.

I know there are many more on the forum that can do this for you, but I have not used them so can't comment on the pricing and timing.

pierre

figured it would be a quick and easy $$$ for anyone on here that can do it...i just threw it up here thinking someone will jump on it eventually.
Mark

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:59:27 AM »
i have a contract job for 24 shirts (black shirts front and back..white ink)....some female artist who apparently is a stripper? I have no idea...but the attached jepg is going on the front of the shirts...I need it vectorized and I did try the tracing program in coreldraw x5 and after numerous tries I just cant get the face detailed enough...the lips and chin blend in and it makes her profile look flat....and the nose hooks in the tracing process...makes the profile of face look horrible. Plus the jpeg is so small its hard to work with..Anyway..someone want to vectorize this i will gladly pay you for it...i'm not looking make money off you..i will just pass your art fee to the customer...my paypal email is mherring27@cox.net ...invoice me thru paypal and i will pay once I receive a vectorized image that is approved by the contract customer.

Thanks.

Have you tried auto trace? See what that gets you?
Shane

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 12:00:24 PM »
If auto trace, or live trace wont do it. or we don't have time to do it ourselves for more complex designs, we use either www.copyartwork.com and www.qualitypunch.com, both are  fast, cheap and very very good.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 12:07:47 PM »
If auto trace, or live trace wont do it. or we don't have time to do it ourselves for more complex designs, we use either www.copyartwork.com and www.qualitypunch.com, both are  fast, cheap and very very good.

I would try Jason and Dlac, both are members here and are actively looking for work. Let's support our own first!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 12:10:33 PM »

Have you tried auto trace? See what that gets you?
Shane
[/quote]

I don't have auto trace...i use coreldraw x5 and they have some tracing options...but none seem to do the image justice.
Mark

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 12:11:54 PM »
and just to point out the obvious, your "contract" client is not an artist. This looks like a thumbnail grabbed off of the internet (which also means that it may be avilable as a licensed sale if only you could find it.

Just curious, did you mention and question the quality and/or source of her "art"?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »

I would try Jason and Dlac, both are members here and are actively looking for work. Let's support our own first!

pierre
[/quote]

agreed....but if no one bite by this evening I will use the sites listed.
Mark

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 12:17:01 PM »
and just to point out the obvious, your "contract" client is not an artist. This looks like a thumbnail grabbed off of the internet (which also means that it may be avilable as a licensed sale if only you could find it.

Just curious, did you mention and question the quality and/or source of her "art"?

nope...they provided me with the back, which is text and free clip art.....and this front...I do not know if the singer provided it to the contract person...or the contract person got it off the net. I just had an email waiting on me this morning saying "Here is the art....24 shirts..front and back...need by march 27th....how much to charge to vectorize the twerk girl?" They understood the poor quality of the twerk girl...they even tried to vecotrize it to no avail..This is a regular contract customer of mine..50% of my biz comes from them.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 12:20:18 PM by Mark @ Hurricane Printing »
Mark

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 12:31:38 PM »
1.80 in Sri Lanka.....6.00 in India....35.00 is USA.....

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 12:37:10 PM »

pierre

Did not know that Pierre, thanks for the lead! Really had no idea  :o

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 12:44:35 PM »
probably one of these fonts dude http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=718

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 02:05:54 PM »
I'm not sure if you have photoshop or illustrator and you probably don't have the time to learn it right now for this project alone, but i would STRONGLY encourage you to learn how to use the pen tool in either program.  It makes "tracing" images like this take 10 minutes or less and they are perfect, and you can tweak things like the angles of the face until the end of time without degrading anything.  I rarely use auto trace on stuff this low res, but I pen tool all day long.

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 02:15:54 PM »
I'm not sure if you have photoshop or illustrator and you probably don't have the time to learn it right now for this project alone, but i would STRONGLY encourage you to learn how to use the pen tool in either program.  It makes "tracing" images like this take 10 minutes or less and they are perfect, and you can tweak things like the angles of the face until the end of time without degrading anything.  I rarely use auto trace on stuff this low res, but I pen tool all day long.

yes..I "bezier tool" all the time....i'm up to speed with it...and i considered doing it for this image..but im at my actual job right now and no time to pen tool it out. I bought Jeri Clow's tutorial on how to trace muscle cars and it taught me wonders!!
Mark