Author Topic: i've been...  (Read 4055 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
i've been...
« on: August 09, 2011, 12:08:29 PM »
handcuffed i think at killers forum....hells yeah!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: i've been...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 12:45:12 PM »

Are you heartbroken? 

I logged out of there some time ago, just flat out not near enough posting and what was posted was almost always a commercial or drama. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 01:04:50 PM »
That place still there?
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 01:05:45 PM »

Are you heartbroken? 

I logged out of there some time ago, just flat out not near enough posting and what was posted was almost always a commercial or drama.
Nope, big commercial show over there.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 01:22:29 PM »
I might go there, but I will never openly post again. There are times I think I can actually help someone, so I do it via PM. There are some decent people, but it isn't where I want to hang out.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »
agreed

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 01:34:07 PM »
Same

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 01:41:20 PM »
I have mixed feelings on posting there.  I haven't done so, then there were a few comments made over there that I thought were directed at me from someone I thought was a friend.  There is no telling what he's been told by his bosses so his opinion of me is likely not the truth.  I'm not opposed to posting there, but I do feel very unwelcomed and posting just doesn't seem right.  Some there act like losing the active members like they have is no big deal, and it's almost the attitude like happened as tspmb when the "entitled" were given their walking papers.  I think the thing that is really overlooked is the fact that this industry is small, the number of members who actually post and make the forum worth visiting is also very small.  Losing a couple dozen active members has a much bigger affect than they think because that number is a huge percentage of the overall posters.  Oh well, I have wanted to talk about all of this for a while, but you know every time it's brought up around here it's treated like a feather in the proverbial SPOF hat.  I still visit several times a day, but it's been so long since there was a thread that I felt like I could do anything with or add anything to, it's not a place I feel welcome either so nothing is likely to change with my relationship with that forum.  There are a few people there that I wish nothing but the best for, even if they no longer have any respect for me.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 02:05:50 PM »
Which brings me to a subject I've occaisonally pondereed. What is the overall percentage of owners/managers that actually pay attention to these two boards? DS appears to have more hits because its primarily a classifieds.
Of course we'll never know but as far as people who are active I'd say it's under 5%.

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
I think the fact that SPOF keeps popping up in conversations here, really shows how much we're really bummed that things didn't turn out like we had hoped there.
We were all very excited when SPOF took off and when things didn't work out for us over there, I don't think it's much of an exaggeration to say that some of us were "hurt" and felt rejected and abandoned.
The fact that SPOF would not have flourished had many of us not contributed there after TSMB, makes it a bitter pill to swallow considering that many of the "founding" contributors were ignored and went unacknowledged in the name of something I still don't understand.
For me, the biggest riddle of SPOF is, why? Maybe some of the insiders here know the relationships over there and if it was really worth it to P.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 02:22:09 PM »
In a word, Printex. And now Mustang. And tomorrow, Chinex. An opportunity to (maybe) make money selling marginally cheaper equipment of unknown or untested pedigree.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 02:34:02 PM »
Some there act like losing the active members like they have is no big deal, and it's almost the attitude like happened as tspmb when the "entitled" were given their walking papers.  I think the thing that is really overlooked is the fact that this industry is small, the number of members who actually post and make the forum worth visiting is also very small.  Losing a couple dozen active members has a much bigger affect than they think because that number is a huge percentage of the overall posters. 

Lack of forum activity is the number one killer of a forum.  People come to forums to discuss or read discussions, so once that becomes boring to most (seeing a lot of that already) people will leave (many already have).  I think it's funny that they discount the value of active relevant conversations that are going on now vs how it was.  Today its largely a commercial...one that is not even very effective at all. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 02:49:23 PM »
Some there act like losing the active members like they have is no big deal, and it's almost the attitude like happened as tspmb when the "entitled" were given their walking papers.  I think the thing that is really overlooked is the fact that this industry is small, the number of members who actually post and make the forum worth visiting is also very small.  Losing a couple dozen active members has a much bigger affect than they think because that number is a huge percentage of the overall posters. 

Lack of forum activity is the number one killer of a forum.  People come to forums to discuss or read discussions, so once that becomes boring to most (seeing a lot of that already) people will leave (many already have).  I think it's funny that they discount the value of active relevant conversations that are going on now vs how it was.  Today its largely a commercial...one that is not even very effective at all.

Forum activity is doing great there all you have to do is copy and paste classifieds posts from another board all day long and you volume stays up.
"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 02:56:37 PM »
But the question is, do all of those re-posts count towards the posting volume pay outs, or does Marc get $50 each month?  ???
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »
But the question is, do all of those re-posts count towards the posting volume pay outs, or does Marc get $50 each month?  ???

;D ;D ;D
"No man is an island"