Author Topic: How many people watch TV while working?  (Read 3880 times)

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: How many people watch TV while working?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 03:32:54 PM »
Darryl, those shows are at least on late.  The junk that is on prime cartoon time during the day is horrible junk.  The disney channel is about the worst offender

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 04:02:18 PM »

On that note, I never understood how joggers, bikers and especially hikers can go around with earbuds all the time. When I'm out walking the neighborhood or hiking in a natural place, I want to hear the sounds of where I'm at. I can understand wanting to drown out the sounds of a noisy shop or the crappy pop music they play at the gym, or the droning of a drive in the car, but I like the sounds of the city and especially the sounds of nature.

When I'm road riding -I HAVE to have tunes to keep the tempo, and I know it's not safe. . .on the other hand, I was hiking in the Adirondacks about a month ago. We were a days hike into the woods - here comes this guy with ear buds in, hiking all alone. Now, there were bear tracks all over the place. It's such a beautiful, peaceful place, I don't understand why you would crud it up with technology. Sometimes it's nice to just turn it off. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »
Hey, at least the bears fill up on those jokers instead of you.  It's like that old joke about all you have to do is outrun your friend, not the bear.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 06:08:51 PM »
I Tunes and Pandora Radio for me these days although I have a TV in the shop. You can not following anything while you are working but music inspires me, especially Stevie Ray... oh yeah.