Author Topic: New toy . . . wrooom, wroooom!!!  (Read 3063 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
New toy . . . wrooom, wroooom!!!
« on: August 06, 2011, 02:43:11 PM »
Not screenprinting related, and not bragging as it is used, but I am pretty excited. Had a similar A6, but pretty old by now and it finally gave up. With all the money going into this business to get it off the ground there wasn't any for the car. Well, the time has come, between the business doing good and the other car needing too much work, I got a new toy today.

This is a little slower than my old car and they stopped making a stickshift in 2004 so it had to be an auto. At least my wife will be able to drive it too. It has 4.2 liter V8, 335HP, Quattro all wheel drive, all kinds of bells and whistles inside (no more navigation and satellite radio dangling on the dash!) my favorite being advanced key. No need to take the key out of the pocket to open/lock and start/stop the car. I thought that was pretty neat.

pierre

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: New toy . . . wrooom, wroooom!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 03:02:18 PM »
I thought that my Mazda card style advanced key was pretty cool until I saw the replacement cost when I thought that I had lost it.

I found it, thank goodness.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 03:11:29 PM »
I thought that my Mazda card style advanced key was pretty cool until I saw the replacement cost when I thought that I had lost it.

I found it, thank goodness.

I was hoping for one of those, but it turns out Audi is not that advanced. It is still an old school key with a remote built in, you just don't have to take it out of your pocket.

I was explaining to my wife how when she pulls on the door handle the car unlocks and automatically adjusts the seat position, steering wheel and the mirrors to where she last left them (it remembers the positions for each key). More she drove it, more she liked it. After we got home she proudly announced that she actually likes the car a lot more than she thought and that she just might have to drive it a lot more than originally planned! That actually made my day, she had her heart set on a Subaru and I talked her out of it to get this. I was a little worried that she would resent the bigger payment, so it was good to hear that she really likes it. She soooooo deserves it!!!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline prozyan

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 03:22:18 PM »
Grats Pierre!
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 03:40:31 PM »
nice to see you get something safe to cart that youngin' around in too. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline squeegee

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 04:04:08 PM »
Looks nice.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 05:39:34 PM »
nice to see you get something safe to cart that youngin' around in too. . .

thanx everybody!

yes, the safety was very important. Four wheel drive for the snow (I have some snow tires and wheels from my old car) and the highest safety and crash rating was a big factor. . .

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 07:13:40 PM »
Awesome Pierre! I wish I had the extra to get a new car, but I'm trying to be responsible for another year.

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 11:51:12 PM »
I almost bought a BMW 7 series the other day but then I realized I had no money.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 04:21:50 AM »
Congratulations!  I know you've been waiting for this day, buy heck, you could have paid cash. You know all screen printers got the dough.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 11:52:16 PM »
WOOT!!!! YEA!!!  ;D ;D ;D
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 07:52:48 AM »
My favorite!!! But, I still need to save up a "bit" more :(

("bit" was a bit sarcastic)