screen printing > Screen Making

Who reclaims your screens???

(1/8) > >>

Screened Gear:
I need to free up some time and frustration. I want to bring in a guy to reclaim screens and so a few other odd jobs around here. I have heard people just having a guy come in one day a week and clean screens. Some shops pay by the screen others by hour. I am really interested in knowing you do to get your screens cleaned?

inkbrigade:
We usually have someone come in twice a week. We pay by the hour but have an expectation of how many screens per hour need to be cleaned. Also since i coat i can tell if they did a shitty job or not.

Our guy is in about 10 hrs a week. I let him set his own times to be in, just has to be certain days. Doesn't matter to me what time he comes in as long as i have clean screens the following day.

Days where we don't have enough screens for him (which isn't often) i have a number of other cleaning projects that always need to be done. Odds and ends. I'll take notes during the week of stuff i need done but don't want or have the time to do. This way he has a list when he comes in.

Works good for us.

Chadwick:
Your screens are your life.
I do my own.
 :o

Screened Gear:

--- Quote from: inkbrigade on August 05, 2011, 11:45:48 PM ---We usually have someone come in twice a week. We pay by the hour but have an expectation of how many screens per hour need to be cleaned. Also since i coat i can tell if they did a shitty job or not.

--- End quote ---

How many screens an hour is acceptable?  Do you have them just reclaim them then you degreese them and coat them?

whitewater:
I have a guy that does it.. I use franmar stuff.. so a 3 step process. The way I am set up in the sink area we do 6 at a time..I can do 6 in 45 miinutes..I give him 1 hour..I want him to do a good job.. I coat the screens so if something doesn't look right I let him know and we adjust.

I did tell him that every 6 screens is an hour. I pay him by the hour, but if he wants a break(really a break for only working 2 hours) he can have it ...if it takes him an hour and 10 minutes for 6 then he only gets paid for the hour.

I feel like I do a better job, but I can't stand to do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version