Author Topic: using adhesive on platens  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Parker 1

Re: using adhesive on platens
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 10:32:27 AM »
We get a build up when running 2-5K shirts.  We just add more glue throughout the run (saves time rather than cleaning to reactivate), after finished just spray AR-20 (@ full strength) on warm pallets and scrub off.  On lighter clean up we dilute it with water 1:10.  You will not be able to retire any earlier from the savings....and I dislike going to Wally World. 

Chris

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 02:44:50 PM »
Lacquer Thinner is great for cleaning the pallets. Yes, this is a joke, please don't use that... though I bet I went through thousands of gallons in the '70's and '80's; except for the extra head, which argues with me a lot, I'm fine.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 09:58:28 PM »
I am using 3m spray adhesive and wondering if thats too much. Is there a preferred brand and style? is there a technique that you use? Like spraying every other time you put a new shirt on the platen?

YIKES!!  Someone still using a spray and not printing on sweats????? OMG, get a water based product, if for no other reason than your lungs.  Oh, and marvelous stuff on the platen too.  I use TexTac, but lots out there.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Jwcontractscreen

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 10:33:15 PM »
We mask all of our pallets with pallet tape, and have a air sprayer with water based glue from tekmar. we get about 6-800 shirts from a spray, and re-mask the pallets after about 15K T's or a few hundred sweats, right before going back to T's.

Pallet masking is the only way to go, no more pallet cleaning EVER!
Contract screen printing in Northern Kentucky
www.jwcontractscreen.com

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »
We mask all of our pallets with pallet tape, and have a air sprayer with water based glue from tekmar. we get about 6-800 shirts from a spray, and re-mask the pallets after about 15K T's or a few hundred sweats, right before going back to T's.

Pallet masking is the only way to go, no more pallet cleaning EVER!
100% agree.  On that note Xenon has 18" Pallet Tape for $48.15 per roll or $96.30 per case.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald