Author Topic: Speak To Me of Dual Cures  (Read 4864 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Speak To Me of Dual Cures
« on: February 13, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »
Is anyone using CCI WR14 and a Nuarc MSP3140? We want to try it out and I'm wondering what approximate burn times (LTUs)
are going to be. Of course it varies but ballpark should help. Right now we use Aquasol HV and our average LTU is 140 or so.

Or any other recommendable Dual Cures and LTU times on a 3140?

I love Aquasol but want to do some testing. The cheaper price tag and increased resolution and built in water resistance of a dual cure
can only be a good thing. Even if they take longer to expose I'm not as annoyed as I used to be as we try and stay at least a couple days ahead
in that department.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Speak To Me of Dual Cures
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 03:01:56 PM »
I tested a 150 mesh coated 2/2 sharp side with WR-14.  Exposed for 500 light units on the Nuarc 3140.... and it was underexposed, by a lot.  Took FOREVER to reclaim since it was underexposed.......  We coated the screen that way since we would use the emulsion for both plastisol and waterbase.

I am sticking with the Saati PHU.  About 20% to 35% longer exposure times than the Aquasol. 

I used to use the Aquasol, but I can get the Saati from my dealer who is 200 yards away :)
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »
Yeeks.

Can't find info on the PHU, is that a dual cure as well?

Offline Admiral

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 05:27:38 PM »
Not sure if this will help you but maybe with using their guides...

CCI SP-1400 takes 60-75 LTUs on our 3140.  Pure photopolymer on low mesh counts take 17-19LTUs for us.

Oops, this is without glass though...

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 06:49:11 PM »
I would recommend Xenon 903WR or 902QDC.  both are excellent.  48%-52% solids.  $34 and $52 per gallon.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 08:11:54 AM »

CCI SP-1400 takes 60-75 LTUs on our 3140.

CCI has a SP-1400 or is that the Murakami SP-1400? I think we are going to take the final push and completely switch from the Aquasol HVP to the SP-1400(Murakami).

I would recommend Xenon 903WR or 902QDC.  both are excellent.  48%-52% solids.  $34 and $52 per gallon.

I may have asked this before, but where are you guys(Xenon) located and what's your website? Google didn't bring much up...
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 08:18:27 AM »

CCI has a SP-1400 or is that the Murakami SP-1400? I think we are going to take the final push and completely switch from the Aquasol HVP to the SP-1400(Murakami).

I may have asked this before, but where are you guys(Xenon) located and what's your website? Google didn't bring much up...
No website.  Located in AR and NY.  I am happy to answer any questions.
404-895-1796
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 10:10:20 AM »

404-895-1796
I'm really not trying to be a dick, but how in the world are you asked to attract new customers with no website?
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 10:39:35 AM »

404-895-1796
I'm really not trying to be a dick, but how in the world are you asked to attract new customers with no website?

Sonny probably asks the same question.

They did once have a very basic informational site, and they presently have stuff goin' on on Facebook and ebay.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 11:37:37 AM »
Ahhhhhh my wife has brought me around to facebook, I will have to check that out!
But ya, as far as just for informational purposes would be important. I could never see myself buying from a place that does not have a website, I am the type that needs to see things and double check specs.
I imagine Xenon has tremendous customer service though to maintain current relationships with their customers.

I will see what kinda damage I can cause on facebook! Thanks Frog *LIKE*  ;D
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 12:54:14 PM »
Thanks for the info every one.

I know that no manufacturer will cop to it, but how accurate is that solids count? I've used high solids
emulsions that were thinner than the 30% stuff and vica-versa

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 01:10:14 PM »
Thanks for the info every one.

I know that no manufacturer will cop to it, but how accurate is that solids count? I've used high solids
emulsions that were thinner than the 30% stuff and vica-versa
I know it sounds counter intuitive, but high solids does not always equal thicker emulsions.
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 02:37:18 PM »
The way I understand it, is there is general viscosity of the goo as well.
So, what eb wants is HV HS if they are so labeled.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 03:27:04 PM »
You learn something new every day!

Yeah, I never liked the thin stuff, too hard to wrangle with in the coater.
Though I do wonder if it has better bridging qualities. Temp playing into
all of this of course.

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 03:55:04 PM »
Hello everyone,

Alan here from Murakami Screen.  HV and HVP are pure photopolymer emulsions (we introduced the SBQ sensitizer t the industry).  They are higher viscosity emulsions that are designed for fast exposures and ultimate durability.  Dual cures like our Photocure PRO are used for higher resolution, HV and HVP can hold 5% dot as well, but PRO has a wider latitude of exposure.  This helps in the wash out process.  SP-1400 is a pure diazo emulsion we offer that has excellent resolution at full exposure.  The main difference between our emulsions and the others mentioned here is quality.  Better durability with proper exposure, finer resolution, consistent products.  We manufacturer all components in our emulsions and have an ISO 9002 and 140001 for quality production.   You can print with any textile ink system on all of these emulsions.

Aquasol HV and HVP - Ok as is for Plastisol, only needs a 1:1 coat with the thick edge, or 1:2 with the sharp.  For Waterbase/Discharge add 8 grams of diazo, and expose completely.  You do not need to underexpose for halftones and details, just use a pressure washer to wash out on fan spray.  For long runs harden with MS Hardener from Murakami, it will remain reclaimable.  For semi permanent screens use our A&B Hardener, my record is 290,000 discharge prints on one set of screens.

Photocure PRO - Can be used for textile and graphic printing.  Plastisol, Waterbase, Discharge, UV, Enamels.  Harden with MS or A&B Hardeners  for waterbase and discharge printing.

SP-1400 - Plastisol, Waterbase, Discharge, High Solids Acrylics - this is an excellent emulsion that is priced to be very competitive.  Excellent resolution at full exposure, which is the key to durable waterbase screens.  Harden with MS or A&B Hardener.

3140 exposure systems work very well with Nuarcs new lamp for this system.  Bulbs tend to wear out quicker due to small size, and longer exposures due to 1,000 watt output.  New bulb is excellent.  If you haven't replaced your lamp in over a year I would do this to get the best exposure possible.

Murakami provides outstanding tech support if you are having any issues with our product.  You can contact me on the thread or at 323.697.4334 anytime.
Yes I work for Murakami, but I was also a volume printer for all the major brands and I chose Murakami because nothing else comes close.

Alan
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com