Author Topic: A promise to myself....  (Read 1225 times)

Online whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
A promise to myself....
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:25:59 PM »
here i am in upstate ny and expecting a snowstorm...could be a foot in the mountains. A couple buddies already in vermont at mount snow to get first tracks in the morning.

Well i am pissed. I do not get to go. Gave the printer the day off because its a little slow and the weather.

I promise myself we are going to rock it this year so i can start having fun!!!  Like skiing and rafting!! I didnt even raft last year. 1st time in 10 years.

Moving the business and i am going all out so i do not HAVE to do any printing and get out on the slopes and river!

Life is too damn short!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: A promise to myself....
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:10:45 PM »
You want to be busy? Schedule a trip. You will get tons of work before the trip and during the trip. Its just how it works.

I am with you, there is never a good time to do anything when you run and own your own business.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 07:36:26 AM »
same here I usually work 7 days a week no foolin' I am in my shop 6 hours on Sat & 3-4 on Sundays but no more.
Started last week cleaning the shop basement out and digging out all my R/C airplane stuff. My son is big into it also and I am going to get some of those half built planes finished and spend some time with him breaking up some balsa and ply wood.
mooseman

DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 08:26:52 AM »
yup, or fire an employee, or have one move to part time, or pretty much anything that will effect workflow and you will get slammed.

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 08:44:17 AM »
  Or the old standby... Reclaim some screens and you will get reorders. Happened
to me yesterday with 3 six color jobs!   :o  :'(

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 09:10:53 AM »
We used to work 7 days from sun up to sun down. After we had our first kid my wife made me change to 9-5, M-F.  First year sucked trying to get everything done. 2nd Year I doubled in size holding the same hours and staff. Hardest part is retraining how employees think their job should be. I love not working weekends!