Author Topic: Diamondback S levelling  (Read 3378 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Diamondback S levelling
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 01:46:02 PM »
This is probably one of the most important and overlooked aspects of any machine, pallet arm support.
Probably one of the most difficult to overcome from a manufacturers standpoint as well.
I'd really love to stand on the side of every press and watch a squeegee at high pressure. It's difficult
to withstand downward force that far out from your attachment points and support arms. This compounds on itself
the larger the press. The early Multiprinters may have been onto something with the pallet tip supports.

Is the CH3 pallet support different from the earlier presses? This is a go/no go on my next machine.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 01:53:10 PM »
This is probably one of the most important and overlooked aspects of any machine, pallet arm support.
Probably one of the most difficult to overcome from a manufacturers standpoint as well.
I'd really love to stand on the side of every press and watch a squeegee at high pressure. It's difficult
to withstand downward force that far out from your attachment points and support arms. This compounds on itself
the larger the press. The early Multiprinters may have been onto something with the pallet tip supports.

Is the CH3 pallet support different from the earlier presses? This is a go/no go on my next machine.
We make two different arms for the Challenger 2 and 3. One is considered for cut piece printers and has no flex at all. The other standard unit is made narrow at the end to allow for easy loading of sleeves as well as very small garments. We do not use a pallet tip support on either as it interferes with hoods, etc. with proper squeegee pressure and proper tension on screens there is not any excessive deflection.
Rich Hoffman

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 02:13:40 PM »
Thanks for responding. I do remember a Multiprinter saying he couldn't print hoodies and sleeves without disabling the
pallet tip supports, a major ordeal apparently.

As a printer, zero deflection at any pressure is my dream. We don't print with excessive pressure, but we do print a lot
of waterbase that does require a bit more pressure than plastisol. I just hate seeing flex. But we also need to be able to print
sleeves  and bags and whatnot.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 06:19:10 PM »
Heartily agree on deflection.  The benefits to setup time are massive the closer you get to zero deflection.  Accommodating for deflection is difficult but the silver lining is a high deflection press will make you a very good printer by virtue of a deeper understanding of what the machine is doing.

I couldn't agree more though- what an engineering task there to make a 20'+ diameter machine have zero flex at it's perimeter under extreme forces.   And I also thought the American presses were onto something there with a simple tip support.  Can't think of an easy (or comfortable) way around the hoods, sleeves, totes issue though.

Rich, that cut piece CH3 sounds like some hot sh*t.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 06:22:24 PM »
Isn't all or most defection on the table and not the print head?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 06:25:21 PM »
Isn't all or most defection on the table and not the print head?

Depends on the press (and the series of that model) and depends on if you have head supports I'd say.