Author Topic: Gauntlet squeegee/flood bar questions  (Read 1361 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Gauntlet squeegee/flood bar questions
« on: February 06, 2014, 11:39:58 AM »
Can you guys help me trouble shoot an issue i'm having on my older gauntlet? One of the heads, head 4 to be exact, has this issue where every once and a while, the squeegee and flood bar refuse to lift/drop. The flood bar floods, but then it doesn't lift up, and the squeegee doesn't drop all the way till it gets to the rear of the screen, and that it acts like it's supposed to.

What is going bad on that head that i need to replace? is it the chopper cylinder?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Doug B

• !!!
Re: Gauntlet squeegee/flood bar questions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 12:08:33 PM »
  Sounds like a bad microswitch on either front or back. It's happened to me
before. Check the lights on the micros against those on a good head. Sometimes
you can fool the micros by taping a small washer under it to "fool" the switch
into thinking it is making good contact.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 01:34:18 PM »
is it trying to print without pressuring the squeegee?  it just drags the flood and squeegee across the screen?

We had that same problem and chased it for a while.  I replaced the MAC valves, the choppers and just about everything else I could to get it to work.  It stopped once the press was warm

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 02:23:01 PM »
is it trying to print without pressuring the squeegee?  it just drags the flood and squeegee across the screen?

We had that same problem and chased it for a while.  I replaced the MAC valves, the choppers and just about everything else I could to get it to work.  It stopped once the press was warm

I think it's a bad mac valve on two of the heads. We have an M&R tech coming out tomorrow to take a look at it.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 02:51:25 PM »
put a few drops of air oil into the air in lines on the chopper cylinders for the squeegee.  should take care of it in a few prints. 8)
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 03:05:04 PM »

I think it's a bad mac valve on two of the heads. We have an M&R tech coming out tomorrow to take a look at it.
Sounds like worn out chopper cylinders.
Rich Hoffman