Author Topic: Calibrated?Lance MIA  (Read 872 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Calibrated?Lance MIA
« on: January 30, 2014, 09:21:11 AM »
This popped up a few months ago, when Donnie, who has(had) a site hosted by him was trying to track him down when that and other sites like mine went down due to some problems with the transfer of hosting and domain names.

I thought that it had gotten taken care of as I was informed that all that was needed was a simple email to the new hosts requesting that the "super Lock" on our domain names be removed.
In that thread, even Lance popped in and told us that he thought that he had taken care of it, but apparently not! My site is also going down periodically due to the domain super lock issue. My host, Webmasters, seem to get me back up and running with some sort of virtual cyber band-aid, but they keep telling me to have Lance send that simple release!

Does anyone have any better contact information than I do? If not, I am posting this with the hope that Lance still checks in here between babies and his new Pizza business duties.

Problem is, that Lance, who has moved to China, is now not responding to email, ay least not at the old Calibrated address. His old phone is also not happening, probably due to his new location.

Lance, buddy, please contact me and Webmasters.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Calibrated?Lance MIA
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 02:06:07 PM »
Is your domain registrar the same company as your web hosting?

Locking is typically tied to a specific email address, hopefully he still has access to that address!
I'm guessing there is issues with the nameservers.

Get the keys and set you up an email address with your web hosting service (andy@frog-prints.com)
should take care of your rejected email issue unless you're hosted on a bad server, but from the sounds
of them trying to help it wouldn't seem that way.

You can setup a forwarder as well so all astound email goes into your frog email or vica-versa.

Email me if you need any help.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Calibrated?Lance MIA
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:41:18 PM »
The blacklisted email issues I mentioned yesterday and web name issues are two different, unrelated problems.My website currently allows folks to email me through the Contact page. Those emails bounce to my regular frogprints email with my cable company (Wave or Astound as they are known in CA)

The problem with the super lock is that my domain name (still under Lance's control though he says differently) is tied to apparently discontinued servers or something like that, so that every few months, Webmasters tells me that the address is pointing at something to which they aren't linking. They then pull some strings (I think something to do with a domain shell) but warn me that the problem will not go away until they receive a simple email from Lance giving permission to remove the Super Lock)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?