Author Topic: printing on burn out tees  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: printing on burn out tees
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 05:07:01 PM »
Not a tute, but simple explanation.
Especially on an auto, we sometimes use a screen with a solid, blank stencil in the first head with a little adhesive as a lint remover.
In a position after a flash, it ca act as a smoothing screen.

Action engineering has gone one better and made a roller that fits in the squeegee holder. Also eliminates the need for a clear base lubricant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 10:42:32 PM »
That much I understood, but are there specific details related to making it produce noticeable different results?  I tried it a few times as an after flash, simply coating both sides of an exposed screen with no stencil with spray silicon, and running my squeegee across the print with a good amount of pressure.  Honestly, it was a lot of extra work/time for nothing.  My bases are already pretty smooth, so I wasn't seeing some kind of smoother print, and I've been increasingly using 280 mesh top colors, so the prints are already pretty soft/thin.  I love the idea of the adhesive screen for lint, but for manual printing this really is a lot of extra time for not much benefit.  It takes maybe 10 seconds to pull a piece of lint out of a stencil every few dozen shirts.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 06:26:58 AM »
We dubbed it a crush screen and use it for different reasons.