Author Topic: Vector conversion & Separations...  (Read 1621 times)

Offline dynamikgraphics

• Verified/Junior
Vector conversion & Separations...
« on: January 30, 2014, 03:10:28 AM »
'Allo everyone!

Not entirely sure if this section is exclusively for showing off printed stuff, but if it is, I'll gladly remove this post.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a few images of some of the work we do related to screen printing:

Vector Conversions:

www.dynamikgraphics.com
Artwork Solutions for the Printing Industry

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Vector conversion & Separations...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:38:53 PM »
Looks great.

Here's a pic of one that I think you should take a look at. A customer of mine for seps sent me this file to see if I could get it open and reduce the file size.
Pretty simple elements all around the motorcycle guy...but they auto traced the bit map at a high rez...and never did any clean up and it had cmyk colors but every little pixel was converted to a vector cmyk color. So it had (hundreds of shades.

This is something a clean vector conversion artist (that does limited points) and actually re-draws the art in vector...should elaborate on (show case) when marketing themselves.  These files from overseas can be very annoying and cumbersome for any shop to work with. So in the end, the $10.0 vector cost them more in the long run. Time from themselves to figure out how to correct or extra moeny to re-send it to someone else to correct or to re-do it all over again.

So, screen printers, pay a little more and save a little more aggravation with a good pro converter. 

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline dynamikgraphics

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 06:42:48 PM »
YOWZA! What a nightmare!  :o

Yeah, we actually had an article in our monthly newsletter last month about the importance of minimizing node (or anchor point) counts.

We NEVER use auto-tracing tools unless it's a super duper, ultra Mortal Kombat level of awesomeness high resolution image.

Everything is always manually converted to insure minimum node counts and ease of manipulation on the customer end,  and we always color images using the Pantone Solid Coated palette so designs are ready-to-print from for film positives.
www.dynamikgraphics.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 07:20:03 PM »
THUMBS UP!
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline dynamikgraphics

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 11:09:30 PM »
THUMBS UP!

Thanks!  ;D

If anyone's interested, I could probably track down the article and post on here somewhere...
www.dynamikgraphics.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 12:00:29 AM »

Yes,  I speak for everyone I'm sure.  We are interested. In fact, shoot me an email directly.   Art@designsbydottone.com

Offline dynamikgraphics

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 12:11:46 AM »

Yes,  I speak for everyone I'm sure.  We are interested. In fact, shoot me an email directly.   Art@designsbydottone.com

Ok. I'll post here in a bit. I'll send along the email to you, Dan.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:20:36 AM by dynamikgraphics »
www.dynamikgraphics.com