Author Topic: What a year.  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
What a year.
« on: December 21, 2013, 06:13:16 PM »
This year has certainly seen us struggling especially during the first part of the year. We started the year with high hopes in starting another business that ended up costing us considerably. But in the end of that venture, in trying to help him it really ended up being a blessing. The partner we were almost in business with is now lost and a substance abuser and its really a sad situation as the man has alot of talent. I wish him well. Also in the first months of the year we tried to get my older brother off the streets and invested alot of time, money and resources into him and he was not receptive to the positive change in his life so he had to go. I wish him to be able to find himself one day as well. Through those two situations trying to help others my wife and I neglected ourselves and the growth and promotion of our business which hurt us severely in the summer months. We bought an automatic press that ended up damaged in shipping and a complete loss. The saving grace was insurance but it still took about 4 months as it sat in pieces in our shop. We are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel as we are beginning to see the fruits of our labor as we refocus on our business and gaining new customers. I am very pleased with where we are personally as well. My wife and I are able to communicate better as we have taken a marriage class that has helped us quite a bit. My wife is my support thru anything we are facing and when im down she is there and when im up she is there. My children are shining. My 8 year old is in love with God and is a great student. My 17 year old is having a bit of a rough time in school as alot of teens do but he is such a great kid, very helpful and im confident he will come out on top. This year has reminded me that money means very little in the grand scheme of things. We make alot less than we did when I was working but we actually do alot more with what we have. We have taken trips, sent our 17 year old to camp and have made quite a few purchases that we would have never made when we made more money. I attribute that to God and our commitment to Him being our provider. My wife and I were given the opportunity to speak at a friends church and give our testimony about financial works and giving, I was really grateful for that. We don't worry about money anymore. We are almost completely out of debt and we given more money away to our church and other charities and individuals. I estimate we have given away a little more than 20% of our income away and its been great. I am hoping to increase that number even further because I believe in that is why we have been blessed to do the things we have been able to do and the family time that we haven't enjoyed in earlier years. I know alot of you don't believe in God and that's quite ok. I just know for me and my family what has worked and I will not have it any other way even thru the struggles. Im not really writing this for anyone but myself as I look at the year that has past us and I am amazed at what has been accomplished. We are in a better place today than we were a year ago today. We have met some amazing people and ministries along the way thru our business, we have been able to minister to some in need due to our business so I am thankful for that and will always make time for a customer that needs some ministering in my day regardless of what I have going on. There is so much more but this has been burning in me to write down so I figured I would since im just sitting here and reflecting.

God Bless You, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may it be prosperous whether financially or personally or otherwise. If God Bless and Merry Christmas offends you just substitute it with whatever you feel comfortable with and God Bless you and Merry Christmas  :)

PS- No Phil Robertson = No Show!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What a year.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 06:03:52 PM »
I love you so much Gerry R. Welch!!!

Carrie :-*

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 07:17:03 PM »
"LIKE" Spouses make the world go 'round.  :) :D ;D

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 07:49:02 PM »
Ha!  Was that your wife?  I saw that and thought....well, I didn't know what to think. LOL.i deleted my post earlier as it was a bit to revealing just yet.

Love the post tho. Hope you had a great Christmas. :)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 08:22:42 PM »
I love you so much Gerry R. Welch!!!

Carrie :-*
Love you too babe!  ;)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »
Glad to hear things turned the corner for you! I like this post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com