Author Topic: Can someone please correct this break in a coreldraw x5 letter?  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

Can someone please correct this break in a coreldraw x5 letter?
« on: December 11, 2013, 09:51:05 PM »
I feel stupid even posting this...but i was given art work, simple text and logo...one color image....and I'm attempting to make an underbase for it but one of the letters has a break in it and when I go to put a stroke on it the stroke goes into the break. I need the letter to be solid. I attached a PDF..I am using CorelDraw X5. It is the letter "O" and its all I attached to the PDF...when you enlarge it you can see what I'm talking about.

I tried "welding" it and no luck..then i created an oval object...made it the same color..set it over the break and chose the "combine" command and still no luck.

anyway...can someone please show me some love and fix this ridiculous issue...im embarrassed to even ask hahaha...I don't know what font it is...and the client doesn't either and i've exhausted looking for it.

Mark

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Can someone please correct this break in a coreldraw x5 letter?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 09:59:12 PM »
Here you go. First, with the shape tool I yanked up the nodes to close the break, then welded. (Deleted a few nodes as well to make it a little smoother

*Here's a second version, even smoother
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:02:14 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

Re: Can someone please correct this break in a coreldraw x5 letter?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 05:59:23 AM »
thanks...it was driving me nuts...i just dont know enough about corel as I thought I did.
Mark