Author Topic: Greets from Nottingham, UK  (Read 2683 times)

Offline PhilR

• Verified/Junior
Greets from Nottingham, UK
« on: December 15, 2013, 02:39:50 PM »
How're you all? Just signed up after finding this forum through searching for discharge print info on Google. I'm a very small time printer, just over 2 years in the business now after bootstrapping myself into the trade as a means of making cheaper merch for my band, and eventually getting out of the dead end jobs I'd been working for years.  :)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Greets from Nottingham, UK
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 02:42:26 PM »
Welcome Phil, you have come to by far the BEST forum on the internet.  Looks like you are a metal fan judging from that band shirt's text you posted.  Lots of musicians here aswell, myself included.  Looks like you are from the hometown of Jake Bugg, I am a big fan.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 02:52:07 PM »
How're you all? Just signed up after finding this forum through searching for discharge print info on Google. I'm a very small time printer, just over 2 years in the business now after bootstrapping myself into the trade as a means of making cheaper merch for my band, and eventually getting out of the dead end jobs I'd been working for years.  :)

Phil:  Welcome to The Shirt Board.com community!  This forum (unlike some others that focus on newbies) is made up of a dedicated group of screen-print professionals and the occasional supplier or two.  Feel free to post your questions, and/or offer your advice as appropriate. As we work together we will all become better 
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline PhilR

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 03:02:50 PM »
Welcome Phil, you have come to by far the BEST forum on the internet.  Looks like you are a metal fan judging from that band shirt's text you posted.  Lots of musicians here aswell, myself included.  Looks like you are from the hometown of Jake Bugg, I am a big fan.

Yeah printing merch for heavy bands is pretty much my bread 'n butter. Still play in 3 myself.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »
A band member becoming a printer?  Unheard of. Lol.
Great to have you aboard.

A good dot to check out on here (among others) is the (what have you printed lately) thread. Very cool prints and showcases excellent skills and how tos.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 04:22:09 PM »
Ah, glad to see you here formally introducing yourself, and of course on the forum in general.
Something about our foreign members always reminds me of what www stands for!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline PhilR

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 06:54:28 PM »
A band member becoming a printer?  Unheard of. Lol.
Great to have you aboard.

I might not surprise you to know that where I work is also where I play.  ;D

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 07:34:01 PM »
been thinking of getting an Orange Stack.  How do you like it?
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline PhilR

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 08:03:40 PM »
been thinking of getting an Orange Stack.  How do you like it?

It's not actually mine but our bassists. She has a rather severe valve amp fetish. So far she's running a Matamp, Orange & Laney in her 2-piece doom band. And has a Sound City head needing fixing as well.

Mine is the old Carlsbro 100w PA head under the orange which I run into a 4x12" loaded with vintage Celestion G12's from the 70's or thereabouts. Sounds incredible. I love it.  8) I have a 150w Sound City valve PA amp which I use for bass guitar in my other band also.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 09:31:47 AM »
Welcome aboard Phil, a fellow player here as well, started in '65. Funny how many musicians work as screenprinters too...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 09:47:34 AM »
Hey, great to have you aboard. You came to the right place. Loads of help from great people on here with a lot of experience. Cool set up you did as well!