Author Topic: HELP ME Buy a Right Automatic Screen printing machines  (Read 33598 times)

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: HELP ME Buy a S. Roque Screen printing machines
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »
Captain outsource is now telling us to bring it in? Is it backwards day or something?

I do not think you can compare my business to Kwan's.....I sell across Canada and the US and to do so from a central location does not make sense to me...I am in "sales" not "production"....IMO Kwan is looking to print enough that they could do it "in-house" and save some money....If this works for him, that is what he should do....

You ever been behind 2500 pieces due tomorrow and the effing top colors won't stop smearing Royster?  That's when it becomes rocket surgery.

For sure screen printing is an "acquired skill" but it is certainly quite a distance from "rocket science" and can be learned by those that have initiative and patience....

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2013, 11:59:37 AM »
Even rocket science is just a whole bunch of simple stuff put together just right....  ;)
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2013, 12:06:15 PM »
Even rocket science is just a whole bunch of simple stuff put together just right....  ;)

A little bit of Calculus, Physics, algebra, trig, geometry, and chemistry. Piece of cake ;D
"No man is an island"

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 12:37:16 PM »
For sure screen printing is an "acquired skill" but it is certainly quite a distance from "rocket science" and can be learned by those that have initiative and patience....

You are more than welcome to come to my shop and show us all how easy it is any day. Today we've got 8 colors going over hoodie pockets
and two color discharge to the shoulder seams with foil, along with the usual gang of suspects. You just let me know.

As for the OP. Stick to that white shirt design first. Consider hiring a consultant. Give yourself as much time as possible.
And read here religiously until then.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2013, 12:41:34 PM »

You are more than welcome to come to my shop and show us all how easy it is any day. Today we've got 8 colors going over hoodie pockets
and two color discharge to the shoulder seams with foil, along with the usual gang of suspects. You just let me know.

As for the OP. Stick to that white shirt design first. Consider hiring a consultant. Give yourself as much time as possible.
And read here religiously until then.

Where did I ever say it was "easy"?......

Offline Kwan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2013, 05:06:38 PM »
A little bit of Calculus, Physics, algebra, trig, geometry, and chemistry. Piece of cake ;D

LOL, Above subjects for me piece of carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie for sure.

Ok lets get back to the subject..

Thanks to everyone for all your support.
 As many of you have coached me, my plan is keep moving forward. again thanks for all your support and for letting me write whatever (lol).

My Two Greatest Obstacle:
Electric power 220v 3 phase (required for S- Roque P10 M) and Natural Gas. Grateful thanks to Alex for pointing this issue.

Just spoke to the awesome dealer and request him to contact S-Roque if they have solution to convert P10-M to 220V single face, If not then this will force me to tackle lower (will be very SAD).

Natural Gas and electric power 3 phase not available at location so what are my options?.

I am thinking following;
- Running only 1 flash not more than 40amp
- Will find Dryer under 60amp
- Will find rotary screw 71/2hp (Electric single phase) under 50 amp

I know little but still find myself clueless when it comes to air requirements on an auto press. Please explain "function of air requirements"

Any input will be appreciated

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2013, 05:10:34 PM »

I know little but still find myself clueless when it comes to air requirements on an auto press. Please explain "function of air requirements"

I can not believe that the same folks selling you this press are not offering help in this direction. Have you asked them?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2013, 06:47:01 PM »

LOL, Above subjects for me piece of carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie for sure.

As many of you have coached me, my plan is keep moving forward. again thanks for all your support and for letting me write whatever (lol).

Electric power 220v 3 phase (required for S- Roque P10 M) and Natural Gas. Grateful thanks to Alex for pointing this issue.

Just spoke to the awesome dealer and request him to contact S-Roque if they have solution to convert P10-M to 220V single face, If not then this will force me to tackle lower (will be very SAD).

Natural Gas and electric power 3 phase not available at location so what are my options?.

I am thinking following;

I would really get a M&R Diamondback XL in your case + Red Chili Quartz Flash. The M&R Heatwave dryer should be good enough too for your purpose, you can run that dryer of bottles of liquid propane so you don`t need to get a gas line installed. The S-Roque surely is overkill for what you guys are doing. I would even go as far as saying a waste of money especially if you are on a budget. Say again why do you need such a fancy press to print give a way tees? You might even be fine with a Diamondback-S.
And since you guys are really inexperienced in terms of printing and equipment you are well off going with M&R as they have a very good support team.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2013, 07:28:52 PM »
S.Roque can make the press and flashes in single phase. You can also buy a compressor in single phase. You probably don't need a 7.5hp compressor, 5hp will be just fine unless you expect to expand in the future. I don't have my numbers here with me, but I want to say the press you selected only needs like 14CFM or something running at full speed, which you will not do. Look at the site I posted for the air dryer, they have good compressors as well. Single phase also.

You are dealing with TechSupport correct? Tell them your requirements for a dryer if you want new. They sell S.Roque dryers and Workhorse dryers, you will be fine with a Workhorse dryer. 36" wide should be all you need, I don't remember much about electrical dryers but 8' of heat should probably do you fine. A gas dryer will be cheaper to run, but more expensive to buy. TechSupport sells S.Roque gas dryers and I am assuming Interchange dryers. If you have gas available, and are going to go with a gas dryer I would look at a M&R Sprint.

If you are going to buy equipment from TechSupport, make them work for the money they will make off you. Make them give you proposals for your needs. If they won't do it, there are a ton of other companies out there that will help you out.

I am willing to help, and I am not trying to be a dick, but you may be in over your head.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2013, 07:29:43 PM »
You might even be fine with a Diamondback-S.

Given all the restrictions you just uncovered (power and fuel), I agree with this statement.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2013, 07:31:31 PM »
Oh and what sort of amperage can you get?  You just listed off a 40 amp flash, 60 amp dryer and 50 amp compressor.  That's 150 amps... now you said "less"... but still easily over 100 amps probably?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2013, 08:15:24 PM »
You might even be fine with a Diamondback-S.

Given all the restrictions you just uncovered (power and fuel), I agree with this statement.

For your situation and total budget and shopping list, I am going to agree with this also.

Out of curiosity, what made you want the S.Roque originally?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2013, 10:37:55 PM »

I am thinking following;

A 7 1/2 screw non 3 phase not easy to find available yes buy expense 7500-10000 with chiller. 40 amp maybe 45-50amp probably, 60 amp dryer 24-36 inch dryer. Available yes. Overall hard.
Shane

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2013, 10:44:05 PM »
Out of curiosity, is it that expensive to upgrade your power supply in the States?

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2013, 11:00:06 PM »
Depends for me with a transformer close it was 6000-10000 for the utility company then the service upgrade at about 7500. Here in Colorado if you go over a limit on 3 phase you go to 3.00 per kilowatt. Otherwise about 1/3 or less than that at reg prices. Other rates and states different.
Shane