Author Topic: Cameo 24 [$500]  (Read 4196 times)

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Cameo 24 [$500]
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 04:38:49 PM »
I know of an operation in the Eastern US that prints 100s of thousand of flyers (frisbees) each year on one of these....

Offline sben763

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 04:44:45 PM »
Digitsmith is free. Not 100% positive but I think that $50 is for getting your ad to stick at the top. Many of the commercial guy post there without charge.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 04:47:53 PM »
give me an account like that and I'll gladly make room for it to stay :D

I though about converting it to do single color shirt prints, but would need room for a second rotary carousel near my dryer and I just don't have it :( The way it prints would also mean I would have to design some kind of weird swastika looking platen arm configuration to take advantage of the full print area which would lead to weird issues with supporting the platens.  The manual actually has a whole section on how to convert it to do everything from shirts to boxes that are already folded.

Offline ausprint

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 05:13:17 PM »
Hi, I just saw your post and am interested in your Cameo to replace mine. I am in Austin.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 09:01:21 AM »
give me an account like that and I'll gladly make room for it to stay :D

I though about converting it to do single color shirt prints, but would need room for a second rotary carousel near my dryer and I just don't have it :( The way it prints would also mean I would have to design some kind of weird swastika looking platen arm configuration to take advantage of the full print area which would lead to weird issues with supporting the platens.  The manual actually has a whole section on how to convert it to do everything from shirts to boxes that are already folded.

We removed the vacuum base first, then built a base to hold an Advance t-shirt support plate, like on the Rototex manual press, put on a plate and flew. We already had a Rototex, so being able to swap out adult and kids plates was very convenient. We don't have one anymore though, but it is a good way to go if you have the type of work that can use it. I'll bet we used to do 400 mousepads an hour without breaking a sweat.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 12:55:02 PM »
AWT sells the conversion for a shirt platen, I think it's around $400 but DIY works too.

The new cameos have a crank handle to raise and lower the bed and I saw they are now offering a chopper assembly retrofit.  Those upgrades would turn the cameo, which is a bear to setup and best lest setup for one substrate in my opinion, into a much more versatile press.  And, yeah, they can print damn fast, easily 300pcs+/hr with a solo operator.

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 01:56:48 PM »
  If anyone else is interested, I think we have 3 Cameo 30s laying around gathering dust. Let me
know and I'll see how much the boss wants for them. I'm in Jacksonville Fl.  8)