Author Topic: How Many Colors Here?  (Read 7102 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: How Many Colors Here?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 01:47:09 PM »
I never want to be the cheapest but I am not getting any of the multi colors (above 3) jobs that I quote, just seems I may be over priced otherwise I would think we would get one or two of these multi colors every once in awhile.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »
I never want to be the cheapest but I am not getting any of the multi colors (above 3) jobs that I quote, just seems I may be over priced otherwise I would think we would get one or two of these multi colors every once in awhile.

I'd say you are correct, you don't want to be getting every job, but you want more than almost none.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 11:25:35 PM »
In reality based on understanding color and digital color math...

It is

Yellow
Green
Cyan
Black

You could almost get way with..

yellow
cyan
black

Those colors will produce the digitally correct color separations.

Why are you looking at this and guessing back and forth there is no need to guess. You have eye droppers in your applications that will tell you all you need to know.

Look at this thread do you see just how all this simulated process nothing to do with understanding digital color has you all guessing based on zero understanding of color.

Are we not printers? is it not our job to reproduce color accurately? Are we not dealing with digital color? Does math lie? Does math guess?

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 11:55:38 PM »
So that's how you'd print it on a Safety Orange T-shirt eh? You see we're screenprinters here, so many of us look at a job like that and give an answer based on the screens we'd set-up to print the job, I know, crazy right. ::)
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 12:11:18 AM »
using math to figure out the equation for yellow, cyan, and black plus the hint of bleed migration from a poly shirt.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
In reality based on understanding color and digital color math...

It is

Yellow
Green
Cyan
Black

You could almost get way with..

yellow
cyan
black

Those colors will produce the digitally correct color separations.

Why are you looking at this and guessing back and forth there is no need to guess. You have eye droppers in your applications that will tell you all you need to know.

Look at this thread do you see just how all this simulated process nothing to do with understanding digital color has you all guessing based on zero understanding of color.

Are we not printers? is it not our job to reproduce color accurately? Are we not dealing with digital color? Does math lie? Does math guess?

Did you even read the original post...

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 12:07:43 PM »
So that's how you'd print it on a Safety Orange T-shirt eh? You see we're screenprinters here, so many of us look at a job like that and give an answer based on the screens we'd set-up to print the job, I know, crazy right. ::)

That was wrong anyway.  We already had discussions about black not being a color.

It then stands to reason, this design could be done in a digitally correct manner with two colors.
The catch is, you will still need at least four different inks.  ;)

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 12:16:23 PM »
You know I had the bit about black and white typed out to put in that post, but deleted it when I figured no matter what anybody here says we're still going to be screenprinting that job "mathematically" wrong in his eyes.

I think if I hear one more ink/emulsion/col sep. product that is a "game changer" or going to "put someone out of business", or "make the competition obsolete" before it's even released let alone beta-tested, I'm gonna puke on my keyboard.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 12:22:36 PM »
His reply oozed with condescension...and it didn't even properly answer the original question.  Pretty obvious he either doesn't understand actual printing, or doesn't care enough to answer the question properly.

This thread isn't even about "digitally correct color", it was about how one would accurately quote based on factors like safety orange bleeding and whether a gray or white underbase in addition to a highlight gray/white was necessary, and how that choice would affect the other ink choices.  There are a dozen ways to achieve accurate color and a quality print for a job like this, and for most of those options, NOT using cmyk will achieve the best results and the most vibrant print.  One of the greatest things about screenprinting is how it isn't limited by the restrictions of digital printing when it comes to ink choices.  We can mix a pantone spot color and print halftones wet on wet to achieve vibrance and color blending that simple isn't possible digitally...

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 12:26:02 PM »
You know I had the bit about black and white typed out to put in that post, but deleted it when I figured no matter what anybody here says we're still going to be screenprinting that job "mathematically" wrong in his eyes.

I think if I hear one more ink/emulsion/col sep. product that is a "game changer" or going to "put someone out of business", or "make the competition obsolete" before it's even released let alone beta-tested, I'm gonna puke on my keyboard.
LOL so true. I have asked several times for a set of seps from the guy to prove his product and guess what? No response. None. If it does what is advertised why not send a sample sep for someone to test unless it is just another gimmick to prey on the newbies and inexperienced.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2013, 12:32:04 PM »
I have emailed for help on his products on a couple of occasions ( since I use them) and have received no response whatsoever.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2013, 01:32:50 PM »
I have emailed for help on his products on a couple of occasions ( since I use them) and have received no response whatsoever.

You and me both. I own one of his Corel plugins and never cold get it to work correctly. Now it sits in a CD holder never to be used again.
"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2013, 01:36:26 PM »

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2013, 01:43:39 PM »

Because he already has your money. You should print this job how he says and post up a pic. Theory does not always equal reality.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2013, 05:02:25 PM »
I just looked through some of his past posts...why would you guys have given this guy your money?!  Half his posts are almost completely incoherent and he rambles about all kinds of nonsense in a dickish and condescending way.  There were quite a few posts where he links videos showing beginner level photoshop stuff as if he is the first person to discover it, then drops random terminology to make it sound sophisticated.

I personally hand separate and apply traps and gutters as needed using photoshop, no rip, no plugins.  I have a pretty long background using the software so nothing is really hard or time consuming, and making your own actions and macros to do certain things is simple as that capability is built into the software.