Author Topic: Screen Printing 100% Acrylic Fleece  (Read 918 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Screen Printing 100% Acrylic Fleece
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:12:50 PM »
How does it behave compared to the usual 50/50?
Does it bleed? Does it shrivel?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:35:01 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Screen Printing 100% Acrylic Fleece
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »
Wow, so they really are rare.
I thought that it was just because I am such a small operation that our paths have never crossed.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 05:50:36 PM »
we printed something that was 100% poly, but it did not seem like the regular stuff. It is possible that it was the Acrylic you are talking about. Almost all of them melted in the the dryer and most of the order was a loss. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 06:24:04 PM »
Thanks, unless I hear differently within the next hour, I will tell my potential client that I probably can't help her.
(If she is willing to possibly sacrifice one, I can send it through the hot tunnel for her)

I doubt though that these are the same though . Poly is poly, and Acrylic is acrylic as far as I know., and these are supposed to be labeled 100% Acrylic
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:26:13 PM by Frog »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 07:39:08 PM »
Thanks, unless I hear differently within the next hour, I will tell my potential client that I probably can't help her.
(If she is willing to possibly sacrifice one, I can send it through the hot tunnel for her)

I doubt though that these are the same though . Poly is poly, and Acrylic is acrylic as far as I know., and these are supposed to be labeled 100% Acrylic

stuff we printed on was $7 hoodies, so the price in this case reflects the quality. I'll see if I can dig one up and confirm . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 07:51:37 PM »
I just saw samples of these. Chinese, ProBay brand, pretty heavy, nice fashion look, with an unusual side pocket next to the pouch.

We were going to take one to experiment. but then I think that she balked at my prices.
My model does not really fit or be competitive on Customer supplied for profit.

I'm up front with this, as it's just not the market I want, but even folks who want 'contract" work are probably not going to be really cheap on four dozen customer supplied dark hoodies.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 07:26:55 AM »
Best bet........Acrylic substrate=Acrylic ink. That would probably knock you ouy of the park when you get the price though.