Author Topic: What do people think about this?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
What do people think about this?
« on: December 03, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/02/tech/couple-fined-for-negative-review/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

I understand companies have to protect themselves from the trolls and overreactors which can legitimately damage a businesses reputation. With the way the internet has evolved with everyone being able to voice an opinion and tons of sites created just for reviewing and criticizing businesses companies do need to have a way of dealing with it.

But after reading the above article I was floored. A person with a legitimate complaint is being sued years after the fact because of a tiny clause buried in a purchase contract. And to boot this clause was not even in the contract during the time of purchase. This just reinforces my belief that large corporations are truly suppressed more and more. We complain daily about the government taking more and more from us but really look at the big corps out there. Credit Card companies, banks, and now product sales.

We are becoming more and more sheep being led by the big bad herders of the world.
"No man is an island"

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What do people think about this?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 09:24:36 AM »
Just to add I decided I will never buy an Xbox1 for my kids. All the controls they have over you is ridiculous. For instance when you buy the console for the first time you have to connect to the internet before you can even boot it up. The thing is I do not want my kids to see these type of things as normal and grow up accustomed to this crap. After all Xbox is clearly trying slowly but surely to make there controls normal to the mass of young children using their consoles. Guaranteed their next gen console will be exactly what they planned for this console but backed off a little to subdue the masses.
"No man is an island"

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »
Just more of what's been going on since I can remember--companies get away with what they think they can get away with. 
Sometimes their judgement on that subject is poor, as in this example.

I agree in principle to what you're saying about the console.

Then again, should you be surprised?  The Xbox is the only product MS has ever been involved with that bends you over,   Right?   ???

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »
I see it this way anytime you have to connect to the internet to get booted up you lose, look at the new Adobe stuff using this so called cloud, before long we are going to all be cyber spaced, and people are going to start robbing banks, you and anything else that's plugged in  from there home.  It's all about the numbers now

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 06:06:42 PM »
Back to the original topic (I haven't touched an elsctronic game since Sega, and I didn't keep it)

I think that the mandatory $2000 extortion arbitration fee to delete a posting is crooked as well.

I warned years ago of the new cyber-protection racket from Yelp, collecting a premium fee to help hide the negatives and prominently display the positives.

I know that I lost some strong good reviews soon after I refused to join, just a few months back. Coincidence?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 07:32:16 PM »
I would imagine that not delivering the product is a breach of contract too and there could be ramifications for it. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!