Author Topic: Have you ever heard of...............  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Scobey Peterman

Have you ever heard of...............
« on: January 14, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »
A lazer that I can shoot at the end of my dyer to ring a bell or something, so I can tell when a garment
is coming out of the dryer.

The reason for this is due to printing a lot of poly uniforms.  We have found that if we do not catch them, sometime the inks might stick togerther.  This is not a good  situation.

We do not have the space or the $$$$ to have a longer cool down area out of our dryer. Nor do I have the $$$ to pay another person to catch garnments.

Right now we put a closepen on the belt ahead of the garment so when the pen hits the table we know we need to catch a garment.

I also have a mirror set-up on the back wall to see when something is coming out.

Suggestions???

Quality over Quantity

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Have you ever heard of...............
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 12:20:22 PM »
A well positioned light/motion sensor like merchants use to alert them to customers entering.

Or here's one that's  really cheap, annoying, but hey, it's family, and some would say I share those traits anyway.
Lovely Frog Welcome Doorbell Wireless Light Sensor @ Meritline( item#414-149)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:26:28 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »
try a cooling fan pointed at the garment from either the top or side to cool the garment.

You can set one on top of the dryer for a better angle if possible..and it stays out of the way.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 01:06:34 PM »
try a cooling fan pointed at the garment from either the top or side to cool the garment.

You can set one on top of the dryer for a better angle if possible..and it stays out of the way.

Those work even better with a decent out feed length, but certainly can't hurt. I added one to a four foot Scamp!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 01:23:44 PM »
A lazer that I can shoot at the end of my dyer to ring a bell or something, so I can tell when a garment is coming out of the dryer.  The reason for this is due to printing a lot of poly uniforms.  We have found that if we do not catch them, sometime the inks might stick togerther.  This is not a good  situation.  We do not have the space or the $$$$ to have a longer cool down area out of our dryer. Nor do I have the $$$ to pay another person to catch garnments.

Suggestions???

Scobey:  Unfortunately this can be a common problem with hot inks dropping into a catch box off a too short dryer out-feed extension, and from what you posted you’re land-locked on space behind the dryer. You could consider the idea of having a fan blowing cool air on the print as it exits, or else another way to handle it is to run a “Transfer-Conveyor” at 90 degrees to the direction of your dryer out-feed to give the garment some additional dwell time before it drops off into a catch box.  At the end of the day what you need is to provide some additional time for the print to cool down.

Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 06:54:53 AM »
we have a 24" dia 3 speed fan suspended from the ceiling and canted at an angle away from the tunnel. we run it on low speed and find it doesn't change the tunnel temps but really knocks a ton of heat out of the ink before the shirts drops off. We use some one stroke inks that really stick together in the drop box if we don't cool them down the fan solves that 100%.
moosemn
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.