Author Topic: MHM tech Support from Hirsch  (Read 2517 times)

Offline digitee

MHM tech Support from Hirsch
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:19:29 AM »
Thinking on purchasing an MHM Press and wonder how the tech support is with Hirsch?

Anybody experience Hirsch support please share,

Excellent, Fair, poor.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: MHM tech Support from Hirsch
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 10:43:13 AM »
phone support is good, parts mostly ok unless it's an unusual part and comes from across the pond and if you need a tech to come fix something.. about two weeks.

I'd done my fair share of wrench turning on them and it's pretty basic.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 10:46:51 AM »
Thinking on purchasing an MHM Press and wonder how the tech support is with Hirsch?

Anybody experience Hirsch support please share,

Excellent, Fair, poor.

techs are great, Hirsch not so much. I have the cell number and get to talk to the main tech right away. I don't think I ever had to wait more than 15 min for a call back. They are knowledgeable and the small issues that pop up are usually fixed in no time (under 30 min). Only time we were actually down, tech authorized expensive parts shipped overnight so we can get going.
As far as Hirsch, they are a mixed bag and for the most part I would not give them a passing grade. Which is now a problem as I would like to buy another MHM, but really have issues with both Hirsch and MHM that I am unhappy about.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 10:46:59 AM »
Depends on your location.  I am in Atlanta and the tech for me comes from SC about 3 hour drive.  Josh is correct.  They are very easy to fix when they break.  The engineering of less is more is very evident on MHM.  I used to sell MHM and now run a shop with an S Type Extreme 10/12
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 12:15:44 PM »
You really wont need much in tech support especially with an S Type as these machines are tried and true. I have yet to lose a day of down time in 3 years with my MHM. The fit and finish of the components is a steep or two above the rest of the pack IMO, Austrians are know for there expertise in machine design and build. Hirsch will come through when the rubber hits the road, there are a crap load of MHM machines in Asian and Europe.

Remember every single manufacture has there pros and cons
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 12:32:06 PM »
I realized the other day that in seven years of our S-Types I've yet to replace a single air cylinder.
Air lines a plenty but not one cylinder. Kuhnke is some magic stuff. Easily rebuildable if it
ever comes to that, which I'm doubting.

I can count the hours of downtime we've had on less than one hand.

So basically, like Robert says, even if Hirsch lacks in service, you won't need it.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 12:34:58 PM »
I realized the other day that in seven years of our S-Types I've yet to replace a single air cylinder.
Air lines a plenty but not one cylinder. Kuhnke is some magic stuff. Easily rebuildable if it
ever comes to that, which I'm doubting.

I can count the hours of downtime we've had on less than one hand.

So basically, like Robert says, even if Hirsch lacks in service, you won't need it.

Yet you didn't go with another this time around. Just sayin'
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 12:40:33 PM »

Yet you didn't go with another this time around. Just sayin'

It's true. The only MHM that would fit the bill at this point was a 4000, but compatibility
with our S-Types was minimal, so opened the option of other machines. Roq won in features
and print size hands down. The 4000 is a phenomenal machine, but needed an update. Which they
did with the 5000 a week after we signed on the Roq, of course.

Arrives today.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 01:28:38 PM »
I've just installed a new MHM S Type 10/12, in the 7 years I've had a E type I had 4 days that I could not print beacause we have a weird error on the 24v transformer.      Other that that we sorted out any problems we had with tech support on the phone.        We work directly with Austria.
One thing we do do is have the MHM technician service the machine about once a year.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 01:45:23 PM »
just to add to the conversation, in 7 years we had our E-type, it's been unable to print for less than 8 hours. All other issues were just related to individual print stations or misc components and the press was operational without one of the arms working or something along those lines. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline digitee

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 07:01:23 AM »
Thanks for all the good news will take the expensive plunge and buy the Cadillac press...

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 07:13:34 AM »
I still believe to this day I would have been an MHM customer had it not been for Hirsch and the way they treated me at a open house in PA.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 07:54:00 AM »
Ours is almost 13 years old; we've never had a tech in. That being said, we may have to do just that, as we are beginning to have a registration issue that might require a "special" tech who makes a yearly trip to the US, or something like that...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 07:57:17 AM »
I still believe to this day I would have been an MHM customer had it not been for Hirsch and the way they treated me at a open house in PA.
Bet I can name close to a dozen people that would say the same thing, well minus the open house part.

Guess it speaks volumes about the products they sell though, if they are good enough to overcome the dismal customer interaction.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 08:36:57 AM »
Bet I can name close to a dozen people that would say the same thing, well minus the open house part.

Guess it speaks volumes about the products they sell though, if they are good enough to overcome the dismal customer interaction.

Imagine where they'd be with great customer interaction? I am guessing factors more popular.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube