Author Topic: Rev. Mesh Jerseys  (Read 2115 times)

Online cleveprint

• !!!
Rev. Mesh Jerseys
« on: May 31, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »
Hi all. I hope everyone is nice and busy.

Anyone ever printed rev. mesh jerseys on an automatic? I have a good sized order that Id love to move over to the auto. The problem we always have is printing through the holes of the mesh and ink transferring onto the platen. If not careful putting them on, the ink can get all over the bottom of the jersey when putting on/pulling off because the ink on the platen is still wet. I could see this being a problem going at a faster pace than manual. Anyone got any tips? I know the obvious one is slow down! Just wondering if anyone has ever done it before.

Thanks all!

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
Re: Rev. Mesh Jerseys
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:50:50 PM »
 ::) have a nice printing

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 03:42:41 PM »
have done it, it sux, I would rather take a beating!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Online cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 04:20:56 PM »
yeah we dread this this job every year. but i can't complain when we get a 500 pc order year in, year out. worst part is, they are printed inside and out, both sides. and maroon/white jerseys. my favorite color maroon that always seems to bleed....

Offline MrBreeze

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 05:15:59 PM »
If you can, load and print on 5 and  6 (or 7 and 8) and flash the bare platen to gel the wet ink before reloading. Use platen tape and retape as necessary.
If it's so easy, you do it.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 05:52:57 PM »
We run them with the flash, it will gel the ink on the pallet to the point it won't ruin the next shirt. When the image starts to loose its sharp edges we unload, dry cycle with the flash and scrape the pallets off with a 3" pudy knife, it will come off like a transfer. Then start loading again. Depending on the ink we can get 80-150 shirts per cycle, press never stops moving. I also roll the hem back as I'm loading so if the ink is wet it only toughes the inside of the shirt.

Online cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 08:47:18 PM »
well got done running them today. blinkspot, thanks for the putty knife tip. it worked like a charm. the job had 5 different imprints total (4 different backs, inside and out). without that scraping tip, i probably would have been putting new platen tape on btw each imprint. job ran smooth though. printed, then flashed, then unloaded. after a while we didnt even have to worry about ink getting everywhere. the press was running at about 40 doz/hr. very happy. been doing the job for a few years and this will be by far the most we have made on it.

thanks again all!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 09:35:38 AM »
we ran a bunch of these yesterday, the looked great...a ton better than the last shop that ran them.  I just hate printing them.

Offline Scobey Peterman

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 02:54:49 PM »
We use cold peel transfer paper.

Tack the paper to the board then the garment to the paper.

Flash, print, flash, print.

Pull paper and garment off of board.  Run it through the dryer.

Peel off paper.

We did 288 of these in just a few hours.

Quality over Quantity