Author Topic: Anyone using InkSoft?  (Read 7055 times)

Offline Get Shirts

Anyone using InkSoft?
« on: August 12, 2014, 11:18:08 AM »
I'm thinking about integrating this into our website to take some of the pressure off our art department.  Is anyone using this with good results?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Anyone using InkSoft?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:26:51 AM »
I'm thinking about integrating this into our website to take some of the pressure off our art department.  Is anyone using this with good results?

they have made some changes over the last year or so, but literally everybody I know that tried it (before the changes), cut their losses after few months and ran away from them. Some did not even want to go after them for the money they spent (thousands of dollars), that's how disgusted they were with the product!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 11:28:52 AM »
i am in that boat too.  It's a fine product, just way too confusing and clunky.

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 11:31:33 AM »
Oh wow, what a terrible report!  Thanks for the heads up. 

How about the free option that ACC is offering?

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 11:33:03 AM »
I've never read a single satisfied customer review.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 11:41:17 AM »
bodek has a free one that similar.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »
bodek has a free one that similar.

That's the one we use on our site. It's a nice feature to have and being free makes it even better. However, only about 1 customer a month actually uses it to create a design. It also only exports art files as a 150dpi PNG. Which well...you know.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 11:51:44 AM »
had it active 2 years, zero online orders, had it shut down.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline JJPrint

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 12:04:15 PM »
We decided to jump in after looking at it for a couple of years.  We are looking at it as a way to get into some other areas like schools, where people don't mind setting up their own art.  We have virtually no web presence so it is a way to get started.   They are beta testing for embroidery right now and should be ready by the end of the year.  Inksoft was honest about the time it will take to get it up and running.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 12:05:12 PM »
I thought the art was amateurish, really didn't care for it, so didn't bother.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 12:34:41 PM »
We decided to jump in after looking at it for a couple of years.  We are looking at it as a way to get into some other areas like schools, where people don't mind setting up their own art.  We have virtually no web presence so it is a way to get started.   They are beta testing for embroidery right now and should be ready by the end of the year.  Inksoft was honest about the time it will take to get it up and running.

It does take waaaaaay too much time to get it set up if you don't have someone dedicated to it, and it was very slow loading when customers would try and use it, lots of glitches, maybe they have them worked out, but then you have a site, "if you use it as a website" that looks like dozens of other sites. For us it didn't work but hopefully you see some income from it.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 12:48:09 PM »

check the post above yours! I have no bone to pick with them and would actually love to use it, but am yet to see one satisfied customer. Yes, I said ONE!!!

If we can get somebody here with a positive experience, it would help understand what needs to be done to make it work.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 12:55:31 PM »
I find it fascinating that with all the press lately declaring Ink Soft as New Mexico's fastest growing company, I can't find much praise from buyers.

Is this like the No-No? They sell a boatload, yet everyone I know who got one returned it (or at least stopped using it)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 01:01:28 PM »
I just signed up. I think it's the best one out there (on review). I am in the process of setting it up. It's definitely not a quick set up, but I am hoping that this means it has more options to cater to my needs.

I have been using the Bodek one, which I think is worth exactly what you pay for it ($0). But, surprisingly, it does generate a lot of hits.

I have a lot of customers (schools, clubs, etc) who design of custom ink and blue cotton, and send me the designs. It takes way too much time to recreate their design, with different clip art. Then they have to get it approved by other people, etc.

I will give everyone my honest review of it when it is going, but I have high expectations for it. I don't think it's for everyone, but I think I can utilize it with my customer base.

Here's to hoping I'm not throwing money away!

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 01:12:44 PM »
Awesome, can't wait to hear the review.